Stoke (A) Post Match thread

The pundits on Sky laughed when that rang out loud and clear... They said something like "City fans focused on imminent games closer to home"
I don’t know if you could hear it on the tele but near the end there was a tannoy announcement saying “away fans must wait in the same area as normal if they want to catch a bus to the train station” which sparked the “Park the bus park the bus Man United” chant that was pretty funny... exactly why spontaneous singing is always much better than the structured and rigid Euro stuff

I think both views are right. Our style is deceptively effective but I also think that in the recent intense run of matches and with all the injuries we quite rightly adopt a Job Done approach. Conserving energy and limbs for the next match.
Certainly in the second Arsenal game, as one of the pundits said, the game finished 3-0 because we decided three was enough.

I think we have a fair few more gears to go through. United away, Arsenal away, Chelsea at home and a fair few games against teams lower down; we’ve conserved a bit of energy after taking leads.
If we really go for it we’d score 6 regularly. But would we burn ourselves out?
I think if we really go for it in a big game we’re going to hammer one of these top 6 sides soon. I’m talking 6 or 7 goals!

I was meaning we were going up through the gears to take the lead, certainly at Arsenal. We may have throttled back once the game was won, but we certainly used the higher gears to take the lead in those games.
As for hammering one of the top sides by "6 or 7" goals, we hit both Arse and Spuds for six on our way to the title in 2013-14 and we hit the rags for six on our way to the title in 2011-12.
I'll settle for six at spurs and seven against the rags.

Where does that put Eddie in the clean sheet race?
12226av.jpg

I was meaning we were going up through the gears to take the lead, certainly at Arsenal. We may have throttled back once the game was won, but we certainly used the higher gears to take the lead in those games.
As for hammering one of the top sides by "6 or 7" goals, we hit both Arse and Spuds for six on our way to the title in 2013-14 and we hit the rags for six on our way to the title in 2011-12.
I'll settle for six at spurs and seven against the rags.
Very true.

I think
p121160.png
Eddie has 14 clean sheets to
Cute-animal-alpaca_2880x1800.jpg
the Llama`s 15
There's plenty of hope that Ederson will deservedly win the Golden Glove this year - I really hope so as he deserves it.

Unfortunately - so-to-speak - United are in a downward spiral, and we're going to win the league by a country mile. Will our motivation/performances continue after the league has been officially won? - or will we field lesser sides, saving our A-team for CL, meanwhile the Scum are going all-out every game to ensure a top-4 finish - and consequently, that De Gea is helped by this circumstance in the quest for the GG?

I used to think I was a negative old git always finding stuff to criticise rather than focusing on all the stuff that is wonderful and good ...

Then I started reading BlueAnorak's posts and now realise I am a mere beginner...

JJ
He can’t stand positive thinkers like Victor Meldrew.

4th away day of the season and apart from Wembley, the best. Back to back singing and great humour from the blues and a great performance from the lads on the pitch. Fantastic times!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.