Ken Mulhearn RIP

I wasn't even born when he did play for us but still R.I.P for a player who contributed to the 1967-1968 League winning side.

RIP - Sad times. before my time but he was from my home town of Stockport (born in Liverpool I think) & was reading a double page article on him only yesterday
He wasn’t from Stockport but did play for County before City did a swap for Alan Ogley. He was signed as back up for Harry Dowd but got into the first team in the League Championship winning season. This was probably down to injury to Dowd but he took his chance and stayed in the team.

He lost his place to Harry Dowd the following season, after a bad game against Fenerbahçe, and with the emergence of Joe Corrigan was allowed to move on to Shrewsbury Town.

Another sad day for us Blues. He was a decent goalie - steady without being a world beater. As I recall he made his debut against the rags at Maine Road so it would be very appropriate if we have a minutes applause at the derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.