Paulo Dybala

I constantly see Dybala suggested as an Aguero replacement. I mean has anyone here even watched Dybala play???

He is not an Aguero replacement and has never played upfront on his own.

I constantly see Dybala suggested as an Aguero replacement. I mean has anyone here even watched Dybala play???

He is not an Aguero replacement and has never played upfront on his own.
He played up front for Palermo and has done it a couple times for Juventus as well

I meant leading the line as a striker ala Aguero in our system.

I have checked a few of his CF appearances listed above and so far it has been with another striker in a 2.

I don’t recall him leading the line by himself which is what we are looking for in a striker.

Maybe he has had the odd appearance as sole striker but it’s clearly not the right position for him.

"City’s biggest buy is still the £55m capture of Kevin De Bruyne three years ago. “Maybe it will happen in the future but so far we have not spent £100m on one player, or £90m or £80m,” Guardiola pointed out. “We cannot pay that right now, they tell me. That is the truth."

Can`t see us spending 100m+ for Dybala, even though he is a fantastic player. A DM, a winger (Bailey, Kluivert, Bernard or Mahrez) and potentially an LB is all we need
Spend whatever budget we've got on a DM and a winger. Use Angeliño/Maffeo/Sandler/Gunn/Garcia/Celina to fill out the squad

I meant leading the line as a striker ala Aguero in our system.

I have checked a few of his CF appearances listed above and so far it has been with another striker in a 2.

I don’t recall him leading the line by himself which is what we are looking for in a striker.

Maybe he has had the odd appearance as sole striker but it’s clearly not the right position for him.
Agüero never lead the line at Atleti. Forlan, Torres, Costa.. he always had a partner. Even at City, he was paired with Džeko, Balotelli, Tevez, Negredo before he really lead the line. He only really started playing as a lone striker a few years ago.

Agüero never lead the line at Atleti. Forlan, Torres, Costa.. he always had a partner. Even at City, he was paired with Džeko, Balotelli, Tevez, Negredo before he really lead the line. He only really started playing as a lone striker a few years ago.

That’s true but La Liga is a much higher standard than Serie A which is improving but I think it might be too big of a step for him right now.

I mean he is very talented but I don’t know just seems overhyped for me the times I’ve watched him.

The biggest issue is that he will cost £100m+ and for that I think there are better alternatives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.