CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Playing the first leg at anfield is a massive plus for us. We seem to have something of a mental block playing there. If we were playing the first leg at home the risk would be that we would try too hard to finish the tie off, risk getting caught on the break. And, almost whatever the score, Liverpool would be confident playing the second leg at anfield. Now the anfield game is unlikely to be decisive (unless in our favour). We can play our normal game, perhaps dialled down a tad. Given the pressure on them to get a lead, I think we could end up turning them over there.
That's exactly how I'm feeling about it. For the first time in a while in this fixture, there's pressure on them at home because of what's at stake. They could go for us and leave themselves wide open to the counter attack. If not, score draw would be good.

I can't believe Mendy is being suggested by so many in a back 3 for this game. His defending left a lot to be desired in the home game against them in that formation and it would be one of, if not his first game back. Has to be Delph and if so, there's no need for a back 3. If it was a back 3, I'd go for Stones over Laporte. Out of form at the moment but more experienced in this type of fixture and it would be only Laporte's second away game for us, the other being Wigan.

I think both legs will make fantastic viewing for the neutral and be fucking horrible for both sets of fans. I think its fair to say its unlikely there will be a 0-0 draw involved. Infact I would be surprised if either goalkeeper kept a clean sheet in either leg.....or any of the 4 halves of football played.

Sat in my office in Liverpool now and TBH they do not fancy this one.

...which wouldn't surprise me at all, to be honest it's exactly what I expected. In fact, I believe fans, players etc are already shitting themselves over there. Wijnaldum certainly does...

But perhaps they may gain some confidence back by taking a look at some posts in here? My God, the nonsense sometimes in this forum...

I see this as a perfect opportunity for the team to make a step forward in terms of maturity. By dealing with ... shadows, irrational fears, stuff like that. Taking care once and for all of that ridiculous thing called "the Anfield factor". They haven't got much more than "that", have they? So get rid of this nonsense. Completely. Permanently.

If this City cannot leave behind this Liverpool over two legs, I'm sorry but there cannot be any serious discussion regarding CL success. A Liverpool 21 points behind City, sitting 4th on the table currently, struggling to secure a top 4 position. I mean we do understand that, at the moment, it's not even certain they'll play CL football next season, don't we? With Chelsea 4 points behind, 8 matches to go? Please.

Will be interesting to see who Pep opts for, Sergio or Gabby. I've got a feeling Jesus will start the away leg and Aguero the home leg. Unless of course we change to 3-5-2 and play both.

Pep would be devastated to lose here again. We went out against Monaco at this stage of CL last season (last 8) and that never happened to Pep before in 6 Cl seasons. He was either in final winning it or losing in the semis.

To drop out before the semis was a new thing to him last season vs Monaco. To fail here again would be devastating.

I just hate the idea of going away to them knowing exactly what to expect from them and then be surprised they actually doing it. We know 100% what they gonna pay, how they gonna play it, we knew it before the league game as well.

If we go there start with Sterling who end up being frozen and lose due to their strong pressing forcing us to make stupid defensive mistakes I will be so angry...

lightening doesnt strike twice , we will never give three soft goals away like that again in 3-4 defeat , i can only remember Eddy only making one big mistake this season and that had to be at klanfield , the media will be will be praying and hoping the Dippers win this tie , they will emphasise our terrible record at Klanfield their magnificent front three and the best counter attacking team in europe according to Higginbottom and Klopps excellent record against Pep . By the time the first leg comes round it will not be that the Dippers will win but by how many they will win by , which is exactly what Pep and our players need , its hilarious that anyone can discard the best team in europe against a one trick pony team who cannot defend , bring it on
I like this post : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.