F1 Thread - 2018 Season

aguerrrroooooooooooo

New F1 season, figured we may as well have a new thread.
Predictions for the season and Melbourne?

My predictions are:
Season:
WDC Winner: Hamilton
Constructors Winner: Merc
Surprise package: Charles Leclerc (was immense for Ferrari in F2 last season)

Melbourne:
Pole: Hamilton
Podium:
1st Seb Vettel
2nd Lewis Hamilton
3rd Danny Ric

My prediction, the winner will be the driver with the fastest car

Not followed it properly for a bit but i have noticed articles about McLaren doing badly with pictures of a frowny faced Alonso. Are they just a million miles off the pace or something worse?

Not followed it properly for a bit but i have noticed articles about McLaren doing badly with pictures of a frowny faced Alonso. Are they just a million miles off the pace or something worse?
There's a brilliant documentary on Amazon about McLaren last season. No holds barred jobby. They've had a lot of bad luck.

I expect Mercedes to piss it. Ferrari to have a hard mardy and threaten to leave the sport. Riccardo to get frustrated as his car losing him podiums.

Pretty much same as last season.

There's a brilliant documentary on Amazon about McLaren last season. No holds barred jobby. They've had a lot of bad luck.

I expect Mercedes to piss it. Ferrari to have a hard mardy and threaten to leave the sport. Riccardo to get frustrated as his car losing him podiums.

Pretty much same as last season.
Ahh cheers @mat i will have a look for that now. Just looking at their HQ is often a show in it's self for me. Add that to the pristine clean work conditions, it is all very satisfying for some reason.

Is there much in the way of regulation changes this year that may help make it a bit more competitive?

not really, performance convergence is actually helped by fewer changes in regulations, as there's only a finite amount of performance you can keep gaining under a certain set of regulations. It's why 2021 is troublesome as if they change all the rules again then there will be wild variations in performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.