NAC Breda 2017/2018

Very unfortunate loss against Roda last weekend. We're not out of the danger zone just yet and need to win 2 more games to ensure we stay out of the relegation zone.
Ambrose didn't play his best match and was substituted in the 2nd half for Fernandes. Garcia and Angelino were the best players on the pitch (again) but out of the 21 shots on goal none of their teammates were able to find the net...

For those who like statistics: Manu Garcia is the first player in the Eredivisie with more than 100 successful dribbles in one season and was involved in 53 goal scoring opportunities. He's also in the top 3 of fouls committed against a player, 66 times.

NAC supporter here. Manu Garcia has been absolutely top class for us. On the ball he's probably one of, if not the best, midfielder in the Eredivisie. he will absolutely be sorely missed after this season but i'm happy we got to enjoy him for the last 1.5 season so I guess we have City to thank for that.

He had a big part in helping us promote to the Eredivisie last season but also noticed he had to get used to the higher level of play in the 1st half of this season. Ever since our coach positioned him as a central midfielder after the first 10 matches or so he has really grown into his role. Physically and conditionally he's also much improved compared to a year ago, though I don't know if it will be enough for the Premier League, to be honest. Because that is still quite a leap from the Eredivisie. Perhaps he should get a chance at Girona first and then make the move back to Manchester.

We're also very happy with Angelino, especially his offensive capabilities. Defensive wise he's not the best honestly, but in the Eredivisie you can get away with that. PSV tried to buy him during the winter break. They offered 8M Euro, but City wanted 10-15M, so we're super happy he can at least finish the season with us.

Ambrose has already scored 10 goals for us so far (including goals against the traditional top 3 Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord) and recently has been playing as a right or left winger after we hired Sadiq Umar from AS Roma. On the pitch he has great chemistry with Sadiq and Angelino and he has a fantastic mentality. Would love it if he could stay with us for one more season but I think he's ready for a better team.

Pablo Mari and Agyepong are not good enough for City, and especially in the 1st half of the season Mari didn't do so good with us either, but the last 10 games or so he's been really solid. The only disappointment so far of the 6 players we have on loan from City would be Paolo Fernandes. Clearly he has a lot of talent, and can do fantastic things with a ball (maybe even more so than Manu Garcia) but he really needs time to get used to professional league football and has to improve physically and conditionally before he could become a good player for us. I do hope City would allow him to stay with us for one more season but since he didn't play a lof of games for us I don't know if he'd want to stay here any longer.

Honestly, I was hesitant having so much players on loan from City, especially because they're still very young and unexperienced. But they've really grown and improved a lot and I'm sad to see most of them go after this season. They are showing real passion and they have a great relationship with our supporters. something I would not have expected before this season, because it's a big risk to build your team around them after a promotion. Really curious to see what City will send our way next season, but so far I'm supper happy with the partnership we have with them, and I think they are quite happy with us as well. I think so far it has been a win-win situation for both sides!

Great post.

From a Melbourne City perspective this is exactly what we hoped for at the time of takeover. Having a continual group of extremely talented but raw bunch of kids go through the club would have been amazing (and successful) but after a few rule changes by our wonderful Federation we are prevented from doing this.

A little bit jealous to be honest but I hope you blokes stay up.

I`m watching the second half of PSV-NAC, and I`m amazed at how horrible their right back, goalkeeper and centre backs are. We should send both Muric and Tosin there next season, as they would not have any problem to walk into their starting XI.

I`m watching the second half of PSV-NAC, and I`m amazed at how horrible their right back, goalkeeper and centre backs are. We should send both Muric and Tosin there next season, as they would not have any problem to walk into their starting XI.

Eh, one of those centre backs is actually on loan from us. ;-)

Things is, I cannot see Angelino, Garcia, or Ambrose staying for another season, so even if we do send Muric and Adarabioyo, they'll have gaps elsewhere in the team. Just hope they can stay up.

Good performance from Angelino
Average from Ambrose
Below Avg from Manu Garcia
Bad from Horsfield

Up until the 3-1 it was an OK match from our side, but after that things just fell apart. Two own goals don't help either. I think our goalie has the potential to become a decent one, he's still young. Would love to see Tosin here for next season but I'd prefer it if the goalkeeper is owned by NAC. Unless City would be willing to loan Muric for 2 seasons, just to get some consistency in our defence.

Mari was especially bad this game but our core issue is our midfield, with the exception of Manu Garcia. Most of our midfielders are not good enough (yet) for the Eredivisie so I really hope City will be able to send 1 or 2 good midfielders our way next season, especially since Manu will be leaving us at the end of this season. I believe most of the City loanees at Girona don't get a lot of playing time, is that right? I'm sure they would be a quality injection for our team.

PSV apparently is also still interested in buying Angelino after this season.

Up until the 3-1 it was an OK match from our side, but after that things just fell apart. Two own goals don't help either. I think our goalie has the potential to become a decent one, he's still young. Would love to see Tosin here for next season but I'd prefer it if the goalkeeper is owned by NAC. Unless City would be willing to loan Muric for 2 seasons, just to get some consistency in our defence.

Mari was especially bad this game but our core issue is our midfield, with the exception of Manu Garcia. Most of our midfielders are not good enough (yet) for the Eredivisie so I really hope City will be able to send 1 or 2 good midfielders our way next season, especially since Manu will be leaving us at the end of this season. I believe most of the City loanees at Girona don't get a lot of playing time, is that right? I'm sure they would be a quality injection for our team.

PSV apparently is also still interested in buying Angelino after this season.
We could maybe send Douglas Luiz (CM/DM). He has struggled at Girona, but we paid 10m for him, so he should be a decent player. Jacob Davenport (playing for Burton in the championship) has been impressive and could be an option, but he might go back to a championship team next season. I don`t know about Aleix Garcia. I`m surprised he hasn`t played more for Girona, because he was good when he played for us and he has been good when I have seen him play for Girona. No offense, but I think going to NAC now would be a step backward for him. Brahim Diaz (unless he goes on loan to Girona) or Bersant Celina (he played a season for Twente) could potentially replace Manu Garcia.

1-0 win over Vitesse last weekend, Angelino scored the only goal (deflected free kick). Pablo Mari, Angelino, Ambrose and Manu Garcia played the full 90 minutes, Fernandes came on the 2nd half and for the very first time this season was allowed to play on his favorite position as a center attacking midfielder. He even scored a goal but it was disallowed as the shot was touched by another NAC player who was in an offside position.

Fernandes played a decent match 45 minutes though. There was a big interview with him in the local newspaper and of course was disappointed he didn't play a lot this season, nevertheless he was very positive about the club and would recommend all young City talents to spend a season here.

Angelino was once again in good shape and was chosen as the left back of the week in several media. After Ambrose (10 goals and 4 assists) he's our most valuable player (3 goals and 5 assists).

Next weekend will be extremely important when we play the derby at home against Willem II. If we win that game, we'll most likely stay out of the relegation zone for the rest of the season (we have 4 more matches as of today).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.