Chelsea 2017/2018

Fibreglass finished hazard is massively overated Kante is good but can't pass for toffee the formation isnt working anymore as teams have worked out how to play it.

How long would he last before the players get sick of him and down tools?

I really thought that after the "old guard" of Cole, Terry, Lampard and Drogba etc had slowly left they would be better for it and they have still been succesful but the fact the squad seemingly turns on and off when they like is quite incredible.

I presume the players will see what Maurizio Sarri is trying to teach them and work the bollocks of for him.

I dont think they have a leader in the camp such as Terry was. Not just on the field but off it. I think despite his injuries Kompany has filled that role here.

There is rumour of them going for Lascelles for that very reason. I don't think he will be the answer to all their problems but would be a start, I think they need a clear out. A new manager and some more spending and patience from their owner.

It's not a case of not having the money. In the specific case of Stones, we had a free run at him the summer before you signed him. he handed in a transfer request specifically stating he wanted to move to Chelsea, who placed 4 different bids from 20m to 41m, eventually ending the interest when the price started to far outweigh what he was worth. City paid 50m and that's fair enough, but I was ok with Chelsea walking away at 40m.

I'm not trying to blindly defend my club. I have had long rants about the state of my club, the decision making from the board down to the coach. I have ranted specifically about the purchases of Drinkwater and Bakayoko when we already had Matic and Loftus-Cheek, signing Zappacosta when we already had Sterling.

The business side of the club is great. We've grown our revenues too. It's not a case of not having the money, it's more of a case of gross misuse of funds. City have meticulously organised the club from top down, with everyone seemingly on the same page, while we're still messing about with non-football people at board level who all think and do different things, at odds with the coach, nothing seems to be in sync at any level going right the club.
I think your biggest problem is not letting the manager buy the players he wants
What manager is going to be happy long term with having players bought by the club then given to him to do something with ?

This "geeza" sounds like his IQ is probably the same as his shoe size.

I heard another Chelsea fan complaining that Conte wasn't given money last summer and that's why they're not challenging....what a joke. They bought Morata, Rudiger, Drinkwater, Emerson, Barkley, Bakayoko, Giroud and Zappacosta for approx. 230 million.

I heard another Chelsea fan complaining that Conte wasn't given money last summer and that's why they're not challenging....what a joke. They bought Morata, Rudiger, Drinkwater, Emerson, Barkley, Bakayoko, Giroud and Zappacosta for approx. 230 million.
Wow,what a waste.

And,despite what many an envious fuckwit claims,the perfect example of why money,alone,doesn't guarantee success.

Fibreglass finished hazard is massively overated Kante is good but can't pass for toffee the formation isnt working anymore as teams have worked out how to play it.

I don't think Hazard is massively overrated but he is in a team that is not playing to his strengths at the moment. Even so, whoscored.com ranks him the third best player in the league this season behind KDB and Sergio. Probably mad that he is ahead of Merlin, who lies in sixth place but their ranking system is a decent performance indicator and far more objective than the average football supporter. Hazard is the only Chav in the top 25 players (City have 5 in the top 10) so that suggests to me that the problem at Chelsea is elsewhere than Hazard.

Based on yesterday's game, I'd say one of Chelsea's biggest problems is their mentality: that Eriksen goal just seemed to kill them; although Poch made some HT switches but it was a real wind out of sails job.

If Hazard came to City, I think he would go up a level; unfortunately, I doubt we want to afford to make Chelsea an offer they cannot refuse for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.