Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Felix Brych for the first leg, at least it's not Lahoz...for now.

Had Napoli away, gave a penalty against us but at least we won.
Had Sevilla 3-3 Dippers.
Helped Real dive their way to victory in Paris, so loves the status quo, equally demonstrated by the 2 Juve penalties v Spurs he gave.
Has also reffed our away loss in Juve in 15/16 and our home loss to Barca in 14/15.

Meh.

That is my choice as well - the dickheads in the crowd get inside his head very easily and we cannot afford to pay with 10 men.

I can imagine the booing he will get in the first 10 minutes. Robertson smashes into him and he loses the ball, followed by a big roar to give them momentum. Hope he sits this one out. It’s going to be little things like that will give them the confidence during the opening minutes. We need to keep the ball.

sterling will start. I think pep took him off against everton with Liverpool in mind. cmon city a score draw or a win.

I think it'll be the same as against Everton in terms of shape (kind of a 343 on the right and a 433 on the left, if that makes sense) but with Gundogan (who he likes to play in these big games) in KDB'S role and KDB in Sterling's.

9ViOs7r.png

Regardless of the setup I think Pep will start with 3 of Silva, KDB, Gundogan, Bernardo in order to control the game more, esp. early on. Can't be giving them an early lead.

G.Jesus was excellent at Everton and is better suited to this leg than Aguero, whether he's fit or not. Let Kun score another title winner at the weekend

Last edited:
sterling will start. I think pep took him off against everton with Liverpool in mind. cmon city a score draw or a win.

Not sure. Think he was brought off to make sure we kept the ball and because he was injured prior to the international break where he played 170 mins

Also he went up for a header on Saturday and landed heavy, flat on his back - I winced, he got up and dusted it off like nothing.
Haha I was so glad when I watched the replay that he hit the ground with his back. Was shitting it he'd buggered up his calf again.

The most important players for us in this game will be Kompany and Fernandinho. We all know how capable we are in attack but these guys will ensure that we keep a grip of the game and don’t let our heads drop like the way we collapsed defensively in the league game.

Our record is terrible at anfield. I was there the last time we won so you can’t help but be skeptical however this team have shown that they can rise to the big occasion. Anything can happen in this one but as long as we are still in it going to the home leg then I will be happy. Anything more will be a bonus for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.