Post counts

The reasoning was that you'd have to actively look to find them. The hope was that posts would be judged on their merit, rather than any pre-conceptions based on the user's post count. Another consideration was some users posting meaningless shit just to boost their post counts.
I get the message!
Can't speak for anyone else but i took no notice of my own post count,i just have a lot of time laid up and post to keep my mind active

I think it's better without the post count, I may be wrong but feel we have had longer more in-depth posts since the posts were hidden and much less noise where people were just quoting and commenting to increase their counts.

@Damocles would it be worthwhile to complete a characters / post count from before and after to see if we are getting increased intellectual discussions.

Might not be a good comparison though as we have been banned from posting content from links on the forum now.

Is there any chance of returning to the 100 post/thread starting thingy? It might just deter some of the more troublesome cunts from inviting themselves in on a piss take mission.

Fuck that I'm looking forward to Spanish blue's next thread. He's either going for reptilian aliens or the Mayans from outer space I reckon.

I did it by accident tbh whilst trying to change something else, but I'm not sure it's that big a deal having them back so might just leave it for now.

A lot of the numbers were removed anyway at least in my case Ric and quite frankly I couldn't care less either way.

When milestones come up some of those posters like to increase their tally by one by alluding to the fact.

I have often thought that some of your concerns re new posters or the so called WUM received undue flack largly from those who had nothing better to post.

If someone breaks the code of conduct in the knowledge they have there are plenty of checks and balances to ensure its dealt with in a civilised manner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.