Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

Thought Laporte was our best defender. Gundagon I don't really know what he does.
Gundagon is perfect to see a game out when the game is done, that's why he usually uses him off the bench to keep the ball have loads of time and space to shut the game down. When there's no time on the ball he's non-effective which is why I'm baffled by his selection, by all means don't start Sterling but the game was for Bernard not Gundagon?

It was almost as if our recent games have been so easy, that we've been able to win without getting out of first gear. Tonight was a huge culture shock, and by the time we realised, it was too late.

Win the league Saturday and see where it takes us....

1-0 up at 20 mins with the Etihad chanting stand up for the champions and i’ll back us... if ever there was a side less equipped to see out what should be seen out it’s them. If we play our own game we could easily catch them in two minds especially given their injury problems... tough but far from over.

The truth is both are great players; neither are at fault for our failures at Anfield.
Let's be honest, we were crap tonight and to be honest I expected it. We just fold at Anfield. I'm so pissed off, I really thought we had turned the corner. Stop covering over the cracks. When the chips are down were not there yet. It hurts really bad but be realistic.

It's my opinion ric but with bayern and us he's fell well short in the champs lge. I know we are all disappointed but it's my view.

There were times at Bayern when Pep got it wrong, most notably the game against Madrid.

However, he was extremely unlucky not to overcome Atletico in his final season there. IIRC, Muller missed a penalty to put Bayern in front and then Atletico went down the other end and scored.

Those are the fine margins in the CL. Just like tonight, if the ref does his job correctly then we leave with a 3-2 or 2-1 score line which would put us in the driving seat.

2-0, 3-1 and id say we have a chance. 3-0 and not a chance. can see them scoring at ours easily, and we aint scoring 5+

Is the correct answer.

We could score 4 (unlikely) but there's no way we will keep them out.

I am so depressed right now. Really wanted to win the UCL this season or atleast get to the final. This was our best chance considering the season we have had so far. Can't really believe we are already out of it.
Cheer up man
It’s only half time
Remember what happened the last time they played us at home
They will approach the game completely differently and so will we
Keep believing

Always the same at Anfield, just when we quiet the crowd and I start to relax they score.

Away goal would have been nice, I expected a defeat before hand but thought City would score.

Should have played Silva on the right or de Bruyne there with Gundogan in the middle.

Early goal next week and you never know.

And LFC defended properly when we attacked 2nd half. This is a team that's been derided for not being able to defend, but they did the basics,and we didn't.
Our first half performance allowed them to sit behind the ball in the 2nd half and for once we lacked the nous to get behind them. In the previous games where I've seen them lose a lead they've still been going gung-ho and attacking when ahead.

Obviously Klopp has Peps number, we struggle to control the game....again, Leroy had a stinker,we were one dimensional,Gabby looked lost,hoped to see B Siva on instead of Raz,who, did nothing ......big hill to climb in return leg
We normally have two speed outlets - Leroy and Raheem and we switch the play to the opposite flank. Pep talks about it in his book. Keep the ball on one side of the pitch until the opposition lose their shape - 60 yard crossfield pass and the winger runs into space, mayhem in the box. Strange how we abandoned that tactic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.