Sunday Supplement 17/18

I could have sworn that "a small minority" attacked City coaches after the Hillsborough match at your place. I do not think that it was Lego bricks that shattered the windows. Scum.

He was talking about welcoming, so before not afterwards.

He's come on and been polite and critical of the attack, and people here have reacted ridiculously - we're not Utd fans. At no point has he defended the missile throwing. It's a hell of a way of creating the impression that City fans are irrational.

He's come on and been polite and critical of the attack, and people here have reacted ridiculously - we're not Utd fans. At no point has he defended the missile throwing. It's a hell of a way of creating the impression that City fans are irrational.

True but I’d imagine city are sick of the fake twats coming on apologising shortly followed with “handful of idiots” type comments.

Watched it this morning for the first time in a few years....considering the result they were very complentary about us and there was no vitriol aimed at us.

Quite refreshing considering the last time i tuned in we were the devil incarnate

True but I’d imagine city are sick of the fake twats coming on apologising shortly followed with “handful of idiots” type comments.

That's a very fair point, as I'm sure there have been many. I just hope Tuesday goes off without similar.

I'd quite like to know what the Liverpool opinion on why relations between the clubs' fans have sunk so low.

That's a very fair point, as I'm sure there have been many. I just hope Tuesday goes off without similar.

I'd quite like to know what the Liverpool opinion on why relations between the clubs' fans have sunk so low.

Several factors, IMHO, including:

1. We’ve taken their place in the top four (in most recent seasons, anyway).
2. We have won the Premier League twice (with a third imminent, hopefully) more than they have.
3. One of their brightest young talents left them for us, though Jordan Ibe is better, apparently.
4. The historic rivalry between Manchester and Miseryside.

Several factors, IMHO, including:

1. We’ve taken their place in the top four (in most recent seasons, anyway).
2. We have won the Premier League twice (with a third imminent, hopefully) more than they have.
3. One of their brightest young talents left them for us, though Jordan Ibe is better, apparently.
4. The historic rivalry between Manchester and Miseryside.

I suspect the top 1 first, the second one maybe (and taking it in 2014 particularly), the 3rd was media hype-driven.

Do not be so pedantic "welcoming coaches" is a euphemism for trying to intimidate opposing teams. Have you ever welcomed teams at the stadium with bottles.flares and whatever. GMP and City, if they got wind of such rabble rousing, would take the appropiate measures to nullify mob rule. My reaction was not ridiculous but a reaction to whitewash.

Do not be so pedantic "welcoming coaches" is a euphemism for trying to intimidate opposing teams. Have you ever welcomed teams at the stadium with bottles.flares and whatever. GMP and City, if they got wind of such rabble rousing, would take the appropiate measures to nullify mob rule. My reaction was not ridiculous but a reaction to whitewash.

Me? No. My use of 'ridiculous' was not directed at you, by the way - poor phrasing on my part. Some others though have escalated straight to the nuclear option.

As per Saxon, the police and trash like the Echo are both in part responsible for what happened, and don't appear to have any defence that I can think of. Mullock stated that City complained about the information release, so they were obviously foreseeing trouble.

I have said earlier that there has been coaches welcomed before but never have missiles been thrown at a coach. Nevertheless it is plain stupid of the Echo and anyone else for that matter to encourage fans to greet an opposition team as it only takes one idiot to throw a missile so yes it was stupid.

Wasn't the Sevilla coach attacked on a smaller scale by scummy twats at your ground?
Or has history been rewritten again.

Me? No. My use of 'ridiculous' was not directed at you, by the way - poor phrasing on my part. Some others though have escalated straight to the nuclear option.

As per Saxon, the police and trash like the Echo are both in part responsible for what happened, and don't appear to have any defence that I can think of. Mullock stated that City complained about the information release, so they were obviously foreseeing trouble.
No offence taken, I have been called worse down the years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.