NAC Breda 2017/2018

1-0 win over Vitesse last weekend, Angelino scored the only goal (deflected free kick). Pablo Mari, Angelino, Ambrose and Manu Garcia played the full 90 minutes, Fernandes came on the 2nd half and for the very first time this season was allowed to play on his favorite position as a center attacking midfielder. He even scored a goal but it was disallowed as the shot was touched by another NAC player who was in an offside position.

Fernandes played a decent match 45 minutes though. There was a big interview with him in the local newspaper and of course was disappointed he didn't play a lot this season, nevertheless he was very positive about the club and would recommend all young City talents to spend a season here.

Angelino was once again in good shape and was chosen as the left back of the week in several media. After Ambrose (10 goals and 4 assists) he's our most valuable player (3 goals and 5 assists).

Next weekend will be extremely important when we play the derby at home against Willem II. If we win that game, we'll most likely stay out of the relegation zone for the rest of the season (we have 4 more matches as of today).

Thanks for the update.

That’s very interesting and it’s good to know that our lads are doing well.

1-0 win over Vitesse last weekend, Angelino scored the only goal (deflected free kick). Pablo Mari, Angelino, Ambrose and Manu Garcia played the full 90 minutes, Fernandes came on the 2nd half and for the very first time this season was allowed to play on his favorite position as a center attacking midfielder. He even scored a goal but it was disallowed as the shot was touched by another NAC player who was in an offside position.

Fernandes played a decent match 45 minutes though. There was a big interview with him in the local newspaper and of course was disappointed he didn't play a lot this season, nevertheless he was very positive about the club and would recommend all young City talents to spend a season here.

Angelino was once again in good shape and was chosen as the left back of the week in several media. After Ambrose (10 goals and 4 assists) he's our most valuable player (3 goals and 5 assists).

Next weekend will be extremely important when we play the derby at home against Willem II. If we win that game, we'll most likely stay out of the relegation zone for the rest of the season (we have 4 more matches as of today).
Hopefully you stay up. How has Angelino improved defensively this year?

Hopefully you stay up. How has Angelino improved defensively this year?

I'd say It has improved somewhat compared to the first half of the season, but on an Eredivisie level I'd say his defending qualities are maybe a little above average. So I'm not sure how he would do in the Premier League but then again I guess City plays a lot more offensively dan we do :-) Attacking wise he might be the best left back we have in the Eredivisie, together with Tagliafico from Ajax (Argentinian international). I hope Guardiola will give him a fair chance next season, would be so cool to see a player who did so well at our side can make his way into City's first team.

I'd say It has improved somewhat compared to the first half of the season, but on an Eredivisie level I'd say his defending qualities are maybe a little above average. So I'm not sure how he would do in the Premier League but then again I guess City plays a lot more offensively dan we do :-) Attacking wise he might be the best left back we have in the Eredivisie, together with Tagliafico from Ajax (Argentinian international). I hope Guardiola will give him a fair chance next season, would be so cool to see a player who did so well at our side can make his way into City's first team.
The only concern about Angelino is his defending abilities. But we have played Zinchenko several times at LB, and he's not very good defensively, but has still done a good joob. Attacking wise Angelino is very good. He's very quick, a good passer and dribbler and an amazing crosser. I would love to see him in preseason first, and then we'll see how good he is

Playing against Willem II in an hour. A must win game to stay up in the eredivisie. Angelino, Manu Garcia, Ambrose and Paolo Fernandes starts

1-2 loss this weekend. Fortunately Roda JC also lost, so we still have a 4-point gap with them with 3 matches to go. New chance this Wednesday away against Sparta, no. 17 in the Eredivisie.

Angelino played well, great assist. Fernandes had to leave the pitch after 60 minutes due to cramp and Ambrose looks like he was severely injured and I wonder if we'll see hem back on the pitch again for the remainder of the season.

Here are the highlights:

Ohh, and congrats with winning the League, City fans! :)

Last edited:
1-2 loss this weekend. Fortunately Roda JC also lost, so we still have a 4-point gap with them with 3 matches to go. New chance this Wednesday away against Sparta, no. 17 in the Eredivisie.

Angelino played well, great assist. Fernandes had to leave the pitch after 60 minutes due to cramp and Ambrose looks like he was severely injured and I wonder if we'll see hem back on the pitch again for the remainder of the season.

Here are the highlights:

Ohh, and congrats with winning the League, City fans! :)

Thanks, watched the game and Ambrose's injury didn't look good. Looked like the Kurt Zouma incident. Hopefully we will send you a goalkeeper next season, because your current goalkeeper looks horrible

Currently 2-0 up at home to Heerenveen after 30 mins. A win today will secure safety.

Final score 3-0.......and now all but safe.....3 points clear with a 10 goal difference advantage

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.