Bundesliga 2017/18

Bumping this thread up, surely no one wants to miss how Hamburg finally gets relegated? :)

Literally 99% of Germany desperately wants Hamburg to go down at this point. They are the only remaining Bundesliga founding member which has not played 2nd division yet and they call themselves "Dino" (saur) and even have a clock at their ground, counting the days they have been in the top flight.

The last couple of seasons they always managed to stay in by playing the relegation play offs and barely managed to keep in the Bundesliga. They are blowing shit towns of money on their team season after season, but they are a real clown fiesta at this point.

Now, this season it finally looks promising that they go down as they are 7 behind Mainz, who currently sit on the relegation playoff spot.

Truth be told...I don´t believe they will go down until the last match is played. Main/Wolfsburg have been atrocious and Mainz is trying their best to let Hamburg catch them, so that the fuckers can play relegation play offs again.

Other than that it looks promising, Papadopoulus immediately attacked their new coach (his first game) on TV camera after their loss to Hertha yesterday.

HSV fans fighting the police outside the ground.

Earlier this season the HSV fans already unveiled a banner aimed at their players reading: "Before the clock is switched off, we will chase every one of you through the city".

Now last weekend they welcomed their team back at the ground with a new banner "Your time has come, we will get every single one of you" accompanied by a bunch of crosses at the ground.

I know that some of you guys have sympathy for HSV due to your matches against them, but I am pretty sure that they are now almost on par as the most hated club in Germany after Bayern. There will be a huge sigh of relief once they finally go down.

Good win for Eintracht but what has gone wrong at Mainz? Thought our Nigel would do well for them but doesn't look that great

Not sure what is going wrong at Mainz, but they are punching above their weight in the Bundesliga and the cost of the team is the second lowest in the league.

Their defending yesterday was horrible, we could basically do what we want and should have won 5-0 or even higher if Jovic scores some of his chances.

Ever since they lost 3-0 in the cup at our place there seems to be a band broken with their supporters as well. They never had a great following but yesterday must have been an all time low with 800 or so sold tickets in the away end for the "derby" and only 50 km distance between Mainz and Frankfurt.

Bumping this thread up, surely no one wants to miss how Hamburg finally gets relegated? :)

Literally 99% of Germany desperately wants Hamburg to go down at this point. They are the only remaining Bundesliga founding member which has not played 2nd division yet and they call themselves "Dino" (saur) and even have a clock at their ground, counting the days they have been in the top flight.

The last couple of seasons they always managed to stay in by playing the relegation play offs and barely managed to keep in the Bundesliga. They are blowing shit towns of money on their team season after season, but they are a real clown fiesta at this point.

Now, this season it finally looks promising that they go down as they are 7 behind Mainz, who currently sit on the relegation playoff spot.

Truth be told...I don´t believe they will go down until the last match is played. Main/Wolfsburg have been atrocious and Mainz is trying their best to let Hamburg catch them, so that the fuckers can play relegation play offs again.

Other than that it looks promising, Papadopoulus immediately attacked their new coach (his first game) on TV camera after their loss to Hertha yesterday.

HSV fans fighting the police outside the ground.

Earlier this season the HSV fans already unveiled a banner aimed at their players reading: "Before the clock is switched off, we will chase every one of you through the city".

Now last weekend they welcomed their team back at the ground with a new banner "Your time has come, we will get every single one of you" accompanied by a bunch of crosses at the ground.

I know that some of you guys have sympathy for HSV due to your matches against them, but I am pretty sure that they are now almost on par as the most hated club in Germany after Bayern. There will be a huge sigh of relief once they finally go down.
Their latest manager is called Titz. Oh dear.

I thought I would give an update on my Frankfurt trip. Totally different to what I was expecting, there are a lot of drugged up maniacs wandering around. Supposedly there’s a bit of a problem. I will be back again later in the year so maybe it’s a one off.

The game was fucking freezing but was a decent stadium and you can drink pints at your seat which was a pleasant change. The atmosphere was strange, the ultras section never stops singing so there is a constant hum of noise but the rest of the stadium literally sit in silence. I do like the score updates that come up on the big screen whenever a goal goes in around the grounds. Got everyone laughing and chatting.

Eintracht won easily against a very poor Mainz team. Love the dramatic goal music. Also found it interesting how much respect the players give to their fans. After the final whistle the Frankfurt team gave a lap of honour around the whole pitch and spent a good few minutes at the ultras end. In the meantime the whole Mainz team stood apologetically in front on the Mainz fans who had turned their backs on them. The team then even went in to the crowd to talk with the fans.

Definitely an interesting experience amongst other interesting experiences that occurred over that weekend.

I have flights booked for the final weekend of the season. Hoping to get a ticket on general sale next week for Hamburg who will likely be relegated, and then go to Kiel the day after, who might be going in the opposite direction.

Hamburg remains one of my favourite away days with City so I don't dislike them to the same extent you do, but at the same time I'm not a fan of ticking clocks in grounds! It's asking for trouble in my opinion.

Can any team ever get the better of Bayern ? . Not a chance, Dortmund are a spent force.

Dortmund has missed the point of rebuilding their team from a raceball team to a ball possession team - not just the tactics but with their acquisitions, too. A lot of the teams first took the same approach - so it was gegenpressing team against gegenpressing team or later ultradefensive teams with 5 on the back. There was a period after their two title wins in which they were really good with setpieces and had some decent footballers that often were able to even break down busses - in Europe the old tactics worked great - but Klopp's mental abilities (you need everybody to run for each other else it cannot work) ran out, too. Dortmund made the mistake to want to build a spine out of players that went away but did not make it elsewhere and came back "home" again. Tuchel had them on a good way to get them playing ball possession with fast transition - but he had problems with both the establishment in the club who still dreamed of the "hardrock football" of yesterday and bought players for it and the old "spine" that was not really good in the new style...

That is my take on it. The problem is that you do not need to look to rival Bayern if you cannot get ahead of the other pack for a couple of years even if your assets compared to that teams are enormous.

Sabitzer just scored a cracker for Leipzig against Leverkusen.

Did not help - at the end they lost 1:4 to Leverkusen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.