Players who might improve us

True, I hope we don't move to a 3 at the back but could be an option. LB is an area we need some back-up for though.

Not sure why you are not keen on using 3-5-2. It can be a very useful ploy. Put it this way, you won't get opposition full-backs pushing up when there are two strikers to think about.

We need someone like Gareth Bale who can just score out of the blue.

Sterling scores his goals because of the system, which is fine, but we also need someone who can just get the ball cut in and smash it in the top corner. We should score even more goals given the unprecedented possession & territorial advantage we enjoy, the PL goal record should really be just a couple of goals away right now - if not already broken. KDB is the only player we have who can twat one in when the system isn't quite bearing fruit and he's a CM

We need someone like Gareth Bale who can just score out of the blue.

Sterling scores his goals because of the system, which is fine, but we also need someone who can just get the ball cut in and smash it in the top corner. We should score even more goals given the unprecedented possession & territorial advantage we enjoy, the PL goal record should really be just a couple of goals away right now - if not already broken. KDB is the only player we have who can twat one in when the system isn't quite bearing fruit and he's a CM
Lord have mercy :(

I think he’s very much correct there. We could do with an uppredictable game changer who can score from outside the box, maybe not Bale but someone of that ilk. We rely on perfect passes into the box to split the defense when we’re in possession and when our midfield is having an off day we really could use someone who can bend it into the corner. It’ll come in time for Sane but I don’t think Sterling will ever get to that stage.

Huge percentage of his goals are backpost tap ins, a result of our pattern of play.

As stated, nothing wrong with that, actually it's a brilliant weapon we have, but we need to bring a FW in who has that x factor. Real Madrid could win a hat trick of CL based primarily on such a player/s.

As a team I'd put us up against the likes of Barca and RM no problem, in fact I think we're superior in that regard, but they have more difference makers at the top end, players who can pop up with 2 individual goals away at Anfield, with the score at 0-3, to make them favourites in the return leg.

We won't be a complete team until we have one of those players to augment our pretty much unrivalled teamplay

Last edited:
Huge percentage of his goals are backpost tap ins, a result of our pattern of play.

As stated, nothing wrong with that, actually it's a brilliant weapon we have, but we need to bring a FW in who has that x factor. Real Madrid could win a hat trick of CL based primarily on such a player/s.

As a team I'd put us up against the likes of Barca and RM no problem, in fact I think we're superior in that regard, but they have more difference makers at the top end, players who can pop up with 2 individual goals away at Anfield, with the score at 0-3, to make them favourites in the return leg.

We won't be a complete team until we have one of those players to augment our pretty much unrivalled teamplay

I completely agree, and I've believed this is something we've lacked since Yaya got too old.

We seem to have consistently failed to get this type of player, missing out on RvP, Hazard, Pogba, Neymar, Sanchez over the last few years for a variety of different reasons. Some may see a few of these as bullets dodged, and that's fair enough, but the fact remains we could do with a star with something unpredictable and a bit extra when our system and pretty passing isn't working.

I hope we go for one of Bale, Hazard, Lewandowski, Neymar, Milinkovic-Savic, Mbappe or Kane in summer.

But I bet we don't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.