Is it time to get a big target man?

Unless I’m missing something, I think Vardy would be a better fit for Liverpool.

He’s a hard-working speedster who needs space to run into. We seldom are afforded such space because we predominantly play a possession game. I don’t think Vardy’s got the technique to be suited to Pep’s style of play.
I'm having to assume all these people saying he'd be perfect for us have either never seen him play, or never seen us play. He couldn't be less suited to the way we play.

We don't need a target man in the mould of Andy Carroll or Peter Crouch who do nothing but get on the end of long balls. But we could definitely do with a striker who can win his fair share of aerial battles and can be a physical threat whilst contributing to our style of play. Someone like Kane, Cavani, Lewandowski or dare i say it Dzeko would be perfect in this line-up.

We have some outstanding crossers of the ball in this side. KDB, Mendy, Bernardo and Sane can all be lethal with their crosses but we rarely have any threat in the box. You add one of those first 3 players to this side and they would be on course for 50 goals a season.

We don't need a target man in the mould of Andy Carroll or Peter Crouch who do nothing but get on the end of long balls. But we could definitely do with a striker who can win his fair share of aerial battles and can be a physical threat whilst contributing to our style of play. Someone like Kane, Cavani, Lewandowski or dare i say it Dzeko would be perfect in this line-up.

We have some outstanding crossers of the ball in this side. KDB, Mendy, Bernardo and Sane can all be lethal with their crosses but we rarely have any threat in the box. You add one of those first 3 players to this side and they would be on course for 50 goals a season.

I'm feeling the same. Don't forget Real Madrid actually have 3 big lads up top. Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema are all 6 foot plus and Bale/Ronaldo are behemoths athletically and win numerous offensive headers whilst also being effective elsewhere on the park. I'm not one of those, we need to have all big tall strong lads but you do need some and preferably ones who're football orientated. Lewandoski and Kane seem to be the best options out there, factoring in age and ability.

Let me get ready to duck, but I think Giroud would have been good also, he's pretty good at bringing others into the game and fits the mould you described.

http://www.culturepsg.com/news/mercato/le-psg-dans-les-4-clubs-cibles-par-lewandowski-l-e/20800

According to this article, Lewandowski is considering leaving Bayern, with PSG, RM and an unnamed club. Could that be us? To ensure we get a good price for Aguero if it does happen. I hope we keep Kun though, he's really improved his game and of course he's a legend of the club. However, Lewy is the better goal scorer and would benefit more from Mendy, KDB and Sane's crosses

i agree was having the same conversation, would also have Bale in a heartbeat too, that game changing explosion of pace and power is a dynamic we don't have, maybe.

Too injury prone.

I think we will end up going back in for Mahrez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.