Is it time to get a big target man?

i agree was having the same conversation, would also have Bale in a heartbeat too, that game changing explosion of pace and power is a dynamic we don't have, maybe.

Bale is injury prone end of.

You are saying Sane and Sterling dont have changing explosive pace - the 2 fastest players in the league. I think what we need to do is adapt sometimes to how we provide the ball to both Sane & Sterling. We need to look at playing the ball from say a deep lying midfielder so that either player can run on too the forward ball. Sometimes we dont do enough of it, for example Sane hugging the touchline but the ball is often a lofted pass that allows at least one defender to get back to stop him running.

http://www.culturepsg.com/news/mercato/le-psg-dans-les-4-clubs-cibles-par-lewandowski-l-e/20800

According to this article, Lewandowski is considering leaving Bayern, with PSG, RM and an unnamed club. Could that be us? To ensure we get a good price for Aguero if it does happen. I hope we keep Kun though, he's really improved his game and of course he's a legend of the club. However, Lewy is the better goal scorer and would benefit more from Mendy, KDB and Sane's crosses

Sadly I think the unnamed club Is Chelsea. Odds have been slashed, rumours etc

Watching Mandzukic tonight makes a part of me wish we really had an option like him. A real effective target man who doesn't need to start every game but would allow us to change things. Dzeko was in his prime when we had him and having him sat on the bench was never going to work.

Mandzukic doesnt start every game for Juve and we would have to try and find someone who could come and do that for us. Bayern have done the same thing with signing Wagner even though they already have a world class target striker in Lewandowski.

Bale is injury prone end of.

You are saying Sane and Sterling dont have changing explosive pace - the 2 fastest players in the league. I think what we need to do is adapt sometimes to how we provide the ball to both Sane & Sterling. We need to look at playing the ball from say a deep lying midfielder so that either player can run on too the forward ball. Sometimes we dont do enough of it, for example Sane hugging the touchline but the ball is often a lofted pass that allows at least one defender to get back to stop him running.

I imagine this is the reason Pep wants Weigl. He can release the 2 wide boys a lot quicker. I feel Weigl could make us a better attacking team but maybe weaken us defensively

Watching Mandzukic tonight makes a part of me wish we really had an option like him. A real effective target man who doesn't need to start every game but would allow us to change things. Dzeko was in his prime when we had him and having him sat on the bench was never going to work.

Mandzukic doesnt start every game for Juve and we would have to try and find someone who could come and do that for us. Bayern have done the same thing with signing Wagner even though they already have a world class target striker in Lewandowski.

Wouldn’t mind that at all. Actually wish we had signed Llorente for that reason.

I imagine this is the reason Pep wants Weigl. He can release the 2 wide boys a lot quicker. I feel Weigl could make us a better attacking team but maybe weaken us defensively

Interesting...i cant comment on Weigl because to be honest i have never seen him play. With Mendy to come back I can possibly see the pairing of Stones & Laporte in pre season with maybe Vinny as the back up. Ota as good as he has been in the first half of the season, those 2 errors are always in his locker especially under pressure and at 30 years old I assume Pep would feel being a seasoned veteran (at that age) he shouldn’t be making those mistakes especially at the level we want to achieve

Interesting...i cant comment on Weigl because to be honest i have never seen him play. With Mendy to come back I can possibly see the pairing of Stones & Laporte in pre season with maybe Vinny as the back up. Ota as good as he has been in the first half of the season, those 2 errors are always in his locker especially under pressure and at 30 years old I assume Pep would feel being a seasoned veteran (at that age) he shouldn’t be making those mistakes especially at the level we want to achieve

I see us using a 3-5-2 system more next season. Walker, Stones/Ota, Laporte as the back 3. Mendy and sterling as wide players. KDB,Weigl and Silva/Bernardo in midfield. Upfront 2 of Aguero, Jesus, Sane and sterling. The key is midfield. I can imagine KDB and Silva taking turns to stay back and get forward. If Bernardo plays in midfield then KDB plays alongside Weigl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.