Is it time to get a big target man?

I see us using a 3-5-2 system more next season. Walker, Stones/Ota, Laporte as the back 3. Mendy and sterling as wide players. KDB,Weigl and Silva/Bernardo in midfield. Upfront 2 of Aguero, Jesus, Sane and sterling. The key is midfield. I can imagine KDB and Silva taking turns to stay back and get forward. If Bernardo plays in midfield then KDB plays alongside Weigl
So, second best player of the season doesn’t get a game? Unlikely.

So, second best player of the season doesn’t get a game? Unlikely.

I assume you mean fernandihno. If we buy big a new CDM this summer I see him being used more as substitution. Bring him on to shore up a game.

As a side note I do worry about fernandihno next season. He has played almost every game this season . If he plays in the world cup that is a lot of games for a 33 year old player

We definitely could use a powerful centre forward. There is no doubt about it.

We resort to crossing anyway when we can't slip the ball in, but our low crosses often get headed away and crosses in behind get collected by the keeper.

If we find a tall CF with a good touch and stamina for pressing, it will in fact improve Guardiola's system by adding an aerial and physical threat.

He wouldn't need to be fast either, just a little quick, and we're golden.

Mendy will love it with his crossing prowess.

Last edited:
If we do go for a target man, he would need to pick up the ball deep, play interchange etc. just like Sergio and Jesus have to.

I'd like to suggest Andrea Petagna from Atalanta. He's 22, 6'3 and strong and has excellent link up play (one of the major reasons team-mate Alejandro Gomez is blowing up this season). He doesn't score a lot of goals but would probably settle for a part-time role and would be an ideal plan B in certain games.

Said this all season . Knew it would bite us in the arse by the end of the season and I hate to say it has .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.