The Ford Capri

Did you ever see one of these in anything other than yellow? Every one I remember, back in the 70's was always
yellow. Interesting about the two belts, and the gearboxes, I didn't know they were the catalyst for CVT boxes.

Yes - I remember a red one and a black one near where I lived as a kid but there were quite a few yellow one's......it was the schwinging dutch 70's man

In your opinion has this car dated much ? this one was made in 1984

1ee368dc20f0c21d1a28335cfdda511bec36916e.jpg

If you chopped the front it would look like a later Saab. Great looking cars at the time. You only sat in the back for a quick lift though.

That's the limited edition 280 Brooklands, I had one of those.

Wish I still had it, a low mileage one would probably be worth £30-40k right now. One with 100,000 miles on it is up for sale at £23k on pistonheads at the moment.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/capri/ford-capri/8576548

By the time they got to that model the engine was way better than the chassis - the chassis effectively was an early 70's or even late 60's design - the engine in the Brooklands model in my opinion deserved better. Then Ford replaced it with the Probe ha ha ha ha - fuck me what a decision - still Clarkson thought it was beautiful at the time #Mazdainaposhfrock

images

By the time they got to that model the engine was way better than the chassis - the chassis effectively was an early 70's or even late 60's design - the engine in the Brooklands model in my opinion deserved better. Then Ford replaced it with the Probe ha ha ha ha - fuck me what a decision - still Clarkson thought it was beautiful at the time #Mazdainaposhfrock

images

The Probe was aptly named, disgrace of a car.

The Tickford Turbo Capri was a handful, drove one that a mate had a couple of times, all that power and shite handling, imagine what it was like in the wet?! haha!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.