Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

I hope Pep's here for many years. I also expect that our senior management team has a continuity plan in place should he leave tomorrow.

As regards Pep, I do not think there was anything wrong tactically on Saturday. The system worked like a dream but certain players, good as they may be, were unable to carry out their roles properly. Doubtless Pep will form a view on whether a) those players' good points outweigh the bad and b) whether superior players are available for those roles.

I hope he's at City for years to come as some of the football we've seen this season has been the best from any City side I've ever seen.
He shouldn't just be judged on the likely Champions League exit to Liverpool, he failed to win a CL at Bayern, a club with a huge European Cup pedigree, that shows how difficult it is to win that particular trophy.
Yes i'm hugely disappointed with the recent two games as we just went missing but we'll still win the league and that's the most important trophy for me, the owners may feel otherwise though.
I think the point is the growing evidence that his teams tend not to turn up in big games in Europe and/or implode. Worryingly he seems to be aware of this but unable to change things around. He is wedded to a style of play and a footballing philosophy which when it works is sublime and because it works most of the time people tend to be shocked when it comes crashing down. It only tends to come crashing down when playing top teams in big matches and twice in 3 days is hard to stomach for many given the overall success this season.

Much as I love the guy, I'm not sure I want to give him a shedload of extra cash for the next 2 seasons if he's only extending by one season.It needs to be 2 extra seasons at least - preferably 3.

With a plethora of fantastic golf courses for Pep and his son in the UK I can see him staying a long while yet. They're so so green as well.

I don't know if it will be a one year contract or longer, but I think it was in one of the books on Pep where it mentions the logic behind not extending too far learning from his Barca days, & one reason is that he can't be sure himself how long he can keep up the intensity & also get it back from the players. When that goes, he goes.

I don't think he's the kind of manager to flog a dead horse, or go through the motions if it goes pear shaped, bullshitting he will soon turn the corner like most do, he just accepts that someone else should have a go.

But there is nothing on the other hand, to stop him from staying for years, if he still has that inspiration. In the past, it's been down to the fact that he doesn't know, himself, how long he can do the job to the required level, so he doesn't sign up for long stints.

Unfortunately 1 year sounds like Pep and will be another thing the British media will fail to understand as will some of our fan base.

He does 1 year because he does not want to be too comfortable, he is also a man of his word and treats contracts with the way they are intended and not a security blanket against being sacked.

If he wanted 5 years I’m sure the club would give it him, us fans would rejoice but Pep knows it does not get the best out of him.

There is a reason he is the best and this is one of them!!

Unfortunately 1 year sounds like Pep and will be another thing the British media will fail to understand as will some of our fan base.

He does 1 year because he does not want to be too comfortable, he is also a man of his word and treats contracts with the way they are intended and not a security blanket against being sacked.

If he wanted 5 years I’m sure the club would give it him, us fans would rejoice but Pep knows it does not get the best out of him.

It would also be one year, with a year still to run, so it's not like at Barca, where he made the decision to extend during the last year of his contract.

For Pep to allegedly agree an extension halfway through his contract, says something about how he sees his situation at City imo.

Yep in Pep confidential he says he looks in the players eyes and he knows if they are still behind him. When that goes he goes.

I think the point is the growing evidence that his teams tend not to turn up in big games in Europe and/or implode. Worryingly he seems to be aware of this but unable to change things around. He is wedded to a style of play and a footballing philosophy which when it works is sublime and because it works most of the time people tend to be shocked when it comes crashing down. It only tends to come crashing down when playing top teams in big matches and twice in 3 days is hard to stomach for many given the overall success this season.

Has he never won the CL as a manager?

I hope Pep's here for many years. I also expect that our senior management team has a continuity plan in place should he leave tomorrow.

As regards Pep, I do not think there was anything wrong tactically on Saturday. The system worked like a dream but certain players, good as they may be, were unable to carry out their roles properly. Doubtless Pep will form a view on whether a) those players' good points outweigh the bad and b) whether superior players are available for those roles.

The only main problem was the referees decision making.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.