United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it right, as my late grandad always insisted, that City also loaned them £80 grand, A fortune back then, (A penny of which, as far as I’m aware, has not, as yet, been repaid) towards the rebuild, on the proviso that they’d pay us back once their situation improved?

hahaha

they are just a bunch of ****s and they talk about the history and silverware they have but they are really just another football club with baggage and a air disaster to milk there fans into believing the club did the right thing and looked after all the survivors who could never play again

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/disaster-leaves-bitter-legacy-1.890260

Like Blanchflower, Johnny Berry never played again, having suffered a fractured skull, broken pelvis and broken jaw, that necessitated the removal of all his teeth, so seriously injured he received the last rites in the Munich hospital. He received his end-of-employment notice from the club by post. He, his wife and eight-month-old son were asked to vacate their United-owned home. He died in 1994.

Does anyone know how much rent United had to pay when they used Maine Road after the war? Was it fair, cheap or excessive?

Does anyone know how much rent United had to pay when they used Maine Road after the war? Was it fair, cheap or excessive?

There are stories that a rental fee was agreed but never paid. However, this is based on no trace of receipt of said rent rather than positive proof that they never paid anything. The issue appears to be a bit unclear.

Post war, James Gibson lobbied his friends in high places for public funding to clear the rubble and rebuild the stadium which was eventually forthcoming. So a free stadium, possibly non-payment of rent for using Maine Road, post war repairs at public expense and the building of the cantilever stand in time for 1966 World Cup at least partly (but possibly wholly) at public expense.

Most of the swamp building was paid for supporters via The Manchester United Development Fund. It was an early form of a subscription weekly lottery and the profits were invested in building improvements to the stadium ( which of course increased its asset value which was owned by the Edwards family)

There are stories that a rental fee was agreed but never paid. However, this is based on no trace of receipt of said rent rather than positive proof that they never paid anything. The issue appears to be a bit unclear.
Thanks Laserblue and Vienna_70. They tried to tell me that we charged an exorbitant rent. They might be lying!

hahaha

they are just a bunch of ****s and they talk about the history and silverware they have but they are really just another football club with baggage and a air disaster to milk there fans into believing the club did the right thing and looked after all the survivors who could never play again

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/disaster-leaves-bitter-legacy-1.890260

Like Blanchflower, Johnny Berry never played again, having suffered a fractured skull, broken pelvis and broken jaw, that necessitated the removal of all his teeth, so seriously injured he received the last rites in the Munich hospital. He received his end-of-employment notice from the club by post. He, his wife and eight-month-old son were asked to vacate their United-owned home. He died in 1994.
Sir I salute you, (As no doubt, if he were here today, would my late grandad) Wise words indeed (and every one 100% gospel)

Last edited:
Just followed a link to sadcafe.
There is a thread about "Are managers given too long in a job" i shit you not!!!
Apparently, United are keeping managers for too long and should be more ruthless. Moyes, LVG and now Mourinho have been given too much time and should have been sacked earlier. After all the shit they have given us over the years for changing managers, you simply couldn't make this thread up...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.