So how were the rags at work today?

I don't work now but I am in touch on social media with a lot of my ex workmates. The rags have just gone into total lockdown. Nothing, they are not even posting non football related stuff. Chelsea and Everton fan's congratulated me, nobody else. The most bitter are Arsenal fan's. All saying we bought it and the oil money etcetera. They are the most bitter and disrespectful.

times like this i wish i knew some rags to torment

Ha ha! They absolutely hate it, really hate it! The ones under 40 except for the last few years grew up only knowing success. No way even in their worst nightmares could they have envisaged a day when we would ever compete against them, never mind surpass them and start winning titles and trophies. How could they when it was an impossible dream for even the most optimistic Blue?

This is the generation that is in shock and hurting the most, the Fergie generation. They bought a winning lottery ticket and thought they were safe forever, only to discover their impoverished neighbours they thought they had left far behind, had suddenly had some luck and moved in next door. Even worse they had looked after their money better and were building a bigger better house. Long may it continue!

I see lots of them in the airports, sometimes even getting in my plane. As deadpan as possible, I usually tell them, “No Man United shirts on my plane!” Most of them are not sure...so I just laugh and tell them “it’s good to see a United shirt, because I see so few in Manchester...where are you from?!” NEVER been Manchester yet!!

However, now I think it is going to have to be “Congratulations! I heard Manchester won the Premier League this season!” If I get the “Err, yeah, but that was Manchester City!” I’ll give em the old “Yeah, I know!” and walk off laughing. If I get the blind stare, it’ll be “Oh no, that was City..the best team in the land, in all the world!” ....and walk off laughing!! Hopefully, the uniform will stop anyone taking a swing!! HAHAHAHA!

A different take: as a high school teacher in the middle of Philadelphia (not soccer country) upon arrival at school this morning there was a note in my mailbox to see the principal (headmaster) prior to reporting to class. When arriving at her office I was given a packet of papers regarding my retirement (35 years) and made to go over every item with her. I asked why this couldn't wait till end of day, delay of about 20 minutes. She was vague and said ok,we'll do it later.
Upon opening the door to my classroom, sky blue and white bunting everywhere, every student with a sky blue shirt on and a bucket with a bottle of champagne on ice in the middle of my desk. Applause and a standing ovation from the class. Gobsmacked does not do my emotions justice.

A different take: as a high school teacher in the middle of Philadelphia (not soccer country) upon arrival at school this morning there was a note in my mailbox to see the principal (headmaster) prior to reporting to class. When arriving at her office I was given a packet of papers regarding my retirement (35 years) and made to go over every item with her. I asked why this couldn't wait till end of day, delay of about 20 minutes. She was vague and said ok,we'll do it later.
Upon opening the door to my classroom, sky blue and white bunting everywhere, every student with a sky blue shirt on and a bucket with a bottle of champagne on ice in the middle of my desk. Applause and a standing ovation from the class. Gobsmacked does not do my emotions justice.
That’s fantastic !

Ha ha! They absolutely hate it, really hate it! The ones under 40 except for the last few years grew up only knowing success. No way even in their worst nightmares could they have envisaged a day when we would ever compete against them, never mind surpass them and start winning titles and trophies. How could they when it was an impossible dream for even the most optimistic Blue?

This is the generation that is in shock and hurting the most, the Fergie generation. They bought a winning lottery ticket and thought they were safe forever, only to discover their impoverished neighbours they thought they had left far behind, had suddenly had some luck and moved in next door. Even worse they had looked after their money better and were building a bigger better house. Long may it continue!
Lol i envy everyone who has a pet rag they can torment,they must be as confused as hell about what is happening to them,it's a joy to laugh at them about yesterday,handing us the title getting beat by a relegated team,you couldn't make it up haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.