Manchester City - Champions 2017/18

Currently sat in the Blues City Cafe in Memphis celebrating our title win. A conscious choice of venue, obviously.

Selfishly glad we won it when we weren't playing, as I haven't missed a title/cup/promotion in the flesh since I started following City in 1976. This holiday presented a huge potential obstacle to that record, but all's well that ends well.

Overall, I'd say my favourite season following City. The football, at times, has been truly spellbinding.

Can't wait for next season.
Better than 2012? How could anything match that? I know what you mean, the football this season has been sublime, but that day, that season, well, for me, you couldn't ever match it.

Better than 2012? How could anything match that? I know what you mean, the football this season has been sublime, but that day, that season, well, for me, you couldn't ever match it.
Perfect timing; just arrived in Nashville and logged in and you replied to my post from last night four minutes beforehand :-)

It’s a close call, but this season just edges it overall. Nothing will match the denouement to 2012, but that’s a different question.

Perfect timing; just arrived in Nashville and logged in and you replied to my post from last night four minutes beforehand :-)

It’s a close call, but this season just edges it overall. Nothing will match the denouement to 2012, but that’s a different question.
Agree on the football; we've been utterly brilliant this season, home and away, blown everyone apart. 2012 for me though, because of what it meant, just means so much to me and will never be bettered (Christ, if it is, I don't know how), and much as I love Pep, Mancini has a hold on me that can't be matched. But what a place to be! Nit-picking on league titles. I look back at my City lows: Luton, the worst, then a shedload of shite. I grew up watching City home and away when we were utter dogshit. And that lot were lording it. Well, how times have changed. have a glass of fine bourbon for "the Blues" (City, not the musical shenanigans).

Agree on the football; we've been utterly brilliant this season, home and away, blown everyone apart. 2012 for me though, because of what it meant, just means so much to me and will never be bettered (Christ, if it is, I don't know how), and much as I love Pep, Mancini has a hold on me that can't be matched. But what a place to be! Nit-picking on league titles. I look back at my City lows: Luton, the worst, then a shedload of shite. I grew up watching City home and away when we were utter dogshit. And that lot were lording it. Well, how times have changed. have a glass of fine bourbon for "the Blues" (City, not the musical shenanigans).
We could quite conceivably win 33 out of 38 games this season. I enjoy winning (as I know you do too); ergo, this is my favourite season. I’ve enjoyed how dominant we’ve been more than I would have expected to. 2012 was a rockier road which made the ending so incredible, whereas this season overall has been more enjoyable, for me at least. I think I’ve been able to appreciate it more as we’ve gone along (compared to 2012) and savour the moments.

I’m visiting the JD distillery in Lynchburg later this week and I’ll be sure to follow your suggestion when I do (and possibly tonight too!) although there are far better Bourbons than JD tbf.

We could quite conceivably win 33 out of 38 games this season. I enjoy winning (as I know you do too); ergo, this is my favourite season. I’ve enjoyed how dominant we’ve been more than I would have expected to. 2012 was a rockier road which made the ending so incredible, whereas this season overall has been more enjoyable, for me at least. I think I’ve been able to appreciate it more as we’ve gone along (compared to 2012) and savour the moments.

I’m visiting the JD distillery in Lynchburg later this week and I’ll be sure to follow your suggestion when I do (and possibly tonight too!) although there are far better Bourbons than JD tbf.
Have a great trip

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.