We’re bombing Syria

The link, the tweet im guessing, was the same journalist that BBCRadio5 used as a reference the other day. If its good enough for them, its good enough for me.

Still Propaganda or you gonna follow Danny now?

Im not arguing about follow on bombings but lets get it right here, Syria has been bombed non stop for years, many of those bombs falling from Russian jets at the behest of Assad and Putin so its hardly news.

Im asking why, after the plea from Russia for an independent inspection team at the alleged site of the chemical attack have they now denied access to the same independent inspection team they asked for in front of the world?

Edit, Russia now say they can inspect on Wednesday, 11 days after the attack and a full 5 days after their arrival.

Suspicious?

The link, the tweet im guessing, was the same journalist that BBCRadio5 used as a reference the other day. If its good enough for them, its good enough for me.

It is propaganda, why not discard the information you have been told first.

From the information of a journalist on the ground, how can you come to the conclusion that Israel fired them?

Where is the weapon analysis or airborne radar evidence which suggests the origin of the firing point?

Im not arguing about follow on bombings but lets get it right here, Syria has been bombed non stop for years, many of those bombs falling from Russian jets at the behest of Assad and Putin so its hardly news.

Im asking why, after the plea from Russia for an independent inspection team at the alleged site of the chemical attack have they now denied access to the same independent inspection team they asked for in front of the world?
I honestly dont have the answer to why they wont allow the inspectors in. Im guessing but if i had said that id allow inspectors in, there would be some conditions set.

It's all ifs and buts. I can't speculate on those but why should they agree to the West's demands after the West's acts of aggression over the weekend and now todays missiles from another aggressor.

Whatever the story we wont fibd out the whole truth and we are left wondering what will happen to another sorry ME country.

Assad is defeating the rebels (ISIS).
Why for 6 years have we funded those terrorists and trained them? There is another question that needs answered. Probably the same reason as Libya, so we can allow small terrorist factions to fight over a country. Allow NGOs to pick up those fleeing in dingys, risking their own and their families lives or maybe we can allow people to be enslaved like Libya?
Do you think the fall of Ghadaffi has been a good thing for the people of Libya? The country is an absolute mess, that major NGO's cant get into and it'll take a lot more than "clearing a few dead bodies off the beach" like good old Boris said. Such a laugh a minute that bloke.

Why has Assad and the Ruskis been doing bombing runs?
What does the UK, US and other Allies gain from the fall of Assad?

(Realise the reply is longwinded, gone backwards and forwards in my reply to you)

It is propaganda, why not discard the information you have been told first.

From the information of a journalist on the ground, how can you come to the conclusion that Israel fired them?

Where is the weapon analysis or airborne radar evidence which suggests the origin of the firing point?
Dont put words in my mouth. I didnt come to the conclusion, i said it had been reported, and even said the Express had said it. Go and use google but dont point fingers and twist what ive said

I can't speculate on those but why should they agree to the West's demands after the West's acts of aggression over the weekend and now todays missiles from another aggressor.

Possibly because it was them that asked for it at the UN? The fact it has now took a full 5 days after their arrival is a matter of huge suspicion and doesn't smack of anyone with nothing whatsoever to hide im afraid.

Putin/Russia has a huge geopolitical reason to grab power and aid and back Assad in the country due to Naval and military bases they can fully establish, thus giving them military power. Yes it's nothing the west doesn't do, no one will argue differently or shouldn't but to suggest they have no reasons to bomb or aid Assad is to completely ignore the reality of the situation on the ground and to try and back excuses as to why they are not doing it with propaganda from news outlets backed by Putin and under his control is equally ridiculous.

Truth is the West are pissed off they are not the ones establishing military bases and they have been for a few years but the horse has bolted the stable door and fuck all could be done and what we saw the other night was just a gentle reminder to Russia and Putin that he whilst he has won this particular battle, he has to be a bit careful going forwards if his eyes wander further.

I believe chemical weapons where used and we have rightly said its a no no and destroyed the capability and at that this little spat will end and both sides will go back to doing what it does and that is look after number one and further establish their own power right around the globe.

To be fair, BBC Radio 5 also use Danny Mills as a pundit - it doesn't automatically give him credibility! On a serious note though, I think you need to be careful about treating some fairly dubious sources as gospel.

Dont put words in my mouth. I didnt come to the conclusion, i said it had been reported, and even said the Express had said it. Go and use google but dont point fingers and twist what ive said

It seems there is far more to this. Israeli bases were also attacked apparently this morning, possibly in retaliation but again that is under the assumption that the Israeli's were actually responsible in the first place.

My point was only to read into things with caution as the only credible evidence for missile sources can be IR/radar or someone physically picked up what is left of the missile and worked out it was Israeli which I doubt has happened in 10 hours.

The area does seem liable to explode but I think it is more potshots and a war of information to bend the west over anything else. The silence from the US is rather more telling however I am sure we will hear more if Israel is involved.

It seems there is far more to this. Israeli bases were also attacked apparently this morning, possibly in retaliation but again that is under the assumption that the Israeli's were actually responsible in the first place.

My point was only to read into things with caution as the only credible evidence for missile sources can be IR/radar or someone physically picked up what is left of the missile and worked out it was Israeli which I doubt has happened in 10 hours.

The area does seem liable to explode but I think it is more potshots and a war of information to bend the west over anything else. The silence from the US is rather more telling however I am sure we will hear more if Israel is involved.
Israel don't tend to confirm or deny their involvement in any action in Syria. If it was Israel that carried out last night's bombing, it will be related to Iran having an involvement with the site of the attack.

To be fair, BBC Radio 5 also use Danny Mills as a pundit - it doesn't automatically give him credibility! On a serious note though, I think you need to be careful about treating some fairly dubious sources as gospel.
He only chooses sources that fit his narrative. That tends to exclude any sources that include real facts.

Last edited:
Has anyone asked Mrs May what circumstances gave her no choice?

The region is desperately complex socially, religiously and politically. There is no immediate threat to us from Syria besides our own stupid government letting back trained jihadist terrorists, that is on us being hand wringing inept spineless fools. It is the only real reason i can see why we would be pissed off personally. Outside of that it stinks of political posturing with human lives and military hardware used on a whim.

I think it is terrible what he has done, why though do we not send the fighter jets in to Africa when some warlord slaughters 10 of some other buggers? this happens pretty regularly and we do nothing. Where is the action then instead of a 5 second comment at some parliamentary meeting paying lip service to the issue.

It sickens me politics seems to be some game, absolute scavengers jumping all over the carcass of Syria in order to appease the usa (i assume). The overall beat of british politics is still far from the pulse of the nation imo.

As others have said, we have people working as nurses, hard working responsible people needing food banks, yet we will go and drop a few million quids worth of ordinance at the drop of a hat. Kids school meals threatened or indeed gone (not sure) but the coffers for military spending stays strong?

Even the yanks have a more prudent reigned in autonomous warfare program than us. Our government has fought like ally cats to keep autonomous development of military weapons free to continue with little to no protocol standards or ethical standards let alone proper legal stuff. The cash flows freely for weapons dev here. They set their lawyers on anyone challenging that like a pack of wolves, they can act when it suits them, not us, i can't get across in words how much that angers me.

We have a lot struggling to directly to government changes currently and a lot of homeless. Sort people out first then if you must do go and drop your 500k a pop bombs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.