United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you look at United play, there doesn't appear to be any kind of recognisable gameplan. They do actually look disinterested, which is strange considering their league position and an upcoming semi-final.
They will throw in the odd magic spell, like last week's second half.
I suppose, with the quality of their players, you'd expect it, but it appeared more by chance than actually planned play.
If I was a United fan, I'd be seriously worried for next season.
Top 4 would be the absolute best, unless they spend massively.
In a World Cup summer? No chance

I do hope they let him spend massively if his current purchases are anything to go by.
He has already come out and said that they can't compete with our spending power!
The truth of the matter is that FFP doesn't allow you to spend willy nilly.
You now have to spend within your means.
Our income has grown massively and continues to grow (especially with a new kit deal looming) but is still less than theirs.
What he really means is their NET spending power can't compete with ours.
After the Glazers milk off their millions and the ridiculous contracts they have given out recently they are left with less than us and it isn't getting spent wisely.
Happy days. We continue to grow at the same time they implode.
My mate is a match going UTD fan and says it is really obvious that money isn't being spent on the infrastructure.
The swamp has needed a lick of paint for years. All this talk of stadium expansion is bollocks too.
I look forward to watching every minute of their demise.

Mourinho’s signings:

Mkhitaryan - Failed and sold
Zlatan - Short-term success, now left
Bailly - Struggles to stay fit
Pogba - Future uncertain
Lindelof - Looked hopeless
Matic - Short-term success
Lukaku - Success
Sanchez - Really struggling

Nearly £300m spent.

Honestly can’t think of a single United player I would swap for anyone in our Starting XI. I’m not sure if that has ever been the case in the past.

I agree completely, none of their squad would get into our starting eleven, however I think they have players that under Pep's stewardship would perform to a far higher standard than under Stan Butler.

Mourinho’s signings:

Mkhitaryan - Failed and sold
Zlatan - Short-term success, now left
Bailly - Struggles to stay fit
Pogba - Future uncertain
Lindelof - Looked hopeless - you mean is hopeless
Matic - Short-term success - hardly
Lukaku - Success - against lower league teams
Sanchez - Really struggling

Nearly £300m spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.