Best result of the season

John Oliver

Pep talks of the away game against Chelsea being particularly important and I wouldn’t argue with him, great goal from KDB too.

For me another contender would be our last game against Spurs which got us back on track after the 3 previous defeats, and with two key players out. Had we lost that game I guess rags would have scented blood and beaten Baggies. And though I’m sure we would still have won the title it could have been a nervy end to the season with many questioning Pep’s decision-making. But now few would, Pep knows best.

the derby away was a key game and also newcastle away with the record wins

In the league, Chelsea away is an obvious frontrunner as we were away at the reigning champs and we were in a run of battering teams so extra pressure was on to show that we weren't flat track bullies.

Winning at the swamp was best for me, it was against the next best team, rivals never being a straightforward assignment etc and equaled the winning streak record.

Chelsea and utd away without a shadow of doubt as they mentally saw off any thought of a challenge to us in the league.

I really can't see past Chelsea away. It was utter domination, though the scoreline doesn't say it. Men vs. boys. That was the match that showed we had something special on hand.

It was after Chelsea away that I knew deep down that we would win the league, even though it was only the end of September. We were exceptional that day, and took the then champions apart at their own ground. The scoreline didn't reflect our complete domination.

It was after Chelsea away that I knew deep down that we would win the league, even though it was only the end of September. We were exceptional that day, and took the then champions apart at their own ground. The scoreline didn't reflect our complete domination.

That one for me too.

And we shouldn't underestimate the effect it had on Chelsea, who should have been our nearest challengers. Their (unjust) win at our place, killed off our challenge last time & imo that did the same to them this season, even moreso.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.