The Ford Capri

The fastest car I have ever driven...... in the early 80's I was an apprentice in the parts dept at a local Ford dealer.
My boss received a new car every month, they would get him to run it in, the first 1000 miles and they could sell it easier than a brand new one.
The works van was in for a repair so he had to give me his 2.8L Fuel Injection Capri and told me not to go over 50 mph in it.
I'm driving along a duel carriage way and an old boy in a Jaguar was tempting me into a race.... I got up to 120 and he took over me..... I took the foot off the peddle and shat myself looking at how fast the trees and lamp posts were flying by....
When I got back, the boss looked around the vehicle and asked how fast I went. I said ''55'' and he said ''you sure?'' and I asked him why he asked and he replied that the inside of the exhaust pipe was white - an indication of high speed..... I shrugged my shoulders and said ''don't know about that, I didn't go beyond 55....''

Brooklands 3ltr, cracking car until we trotted off to city one afternoon, the £1 mind your car man was there as usual but we had no change so said we'd pay on return, when we got back the full leather trim had vanished, seats included,we went to the 2nd hand furniture shop for a stool so we could drive home, funny now but not then

The Probe was aptly named, disgrace of a car.

The Tickford Turbo Capri was a handful, drove one that a mate had a couple of times, all that power and shite handling, imagine what it was like in the wet?! haha!
I used to sell Fords and got a probe as a demo car when they came out in 1995?
Made in the US, and a dreadful thing to drive, although it looked half right.
In winter it was virtually impossible to see out of the fucking thing, every window was steamed up,
I drove from Warrington to a mates house in Stretford, shitting myself all the way as the visibility was awful,
wiping the front window frantically, weaving all over the motorway.
Another staff member went out in the same car not long after and wrapped it around a tree.

I used to sell Fords and got a probe as a demo car when they came out in 1995?
Made in the US, and a dreadful thing to drive, although it looked half right.
In winter it was virtually impossible to see out of the fucking thing, every window was steamed up,
I drove from Warrington to a mates house in Stretford, shitting myself all the way as the visibility was awful,
wiping the front window frantically, weaving all over the motorway.
Another staff member went out in the same car not long after and wrapped it around a tree.

I hope the tree was ok.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.