Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

It’s only a surprise that those in charge were surprised PB. I think it was 2013 that Deloitte Touché did one of their “disposable income per head” surveys on Premier League club’s fans and City came 2nd bottom only to Wigan. The majority of our fanbase is cash poor, working class, and always has been and yet the club in its wisdom has, and continues to, systematically priced them out of match day contention, whilst pursuing a super rich market that, with the exception of the rags and the dippers and their huge global fanbases, was only ever going to prove elusive for any club outside of London, successful on the field or not. We could fill that bloody ground and some every week with the right price structure, both standard and corporate, but we don’t cos a bunch of marketing tosspots has decided that the way to go is to treat our core support with contempt by trying to squeeze every last unnecessary penny out of them at every given opportunity.

Beautiful!

That Sir is the truth.

Of course, the media are having a field day. BBC et al are full of it. Not a mention about any other club pricing.

Too many people on here complain about the price of tickets, food etc., I go to every home game and all the bars are rammed and people are always late into the ground and to their seats and at half time rush off to get to the bar first; so there is plenty of money for booze and food inside and outside of the ground but people complain when their ticket goes up by a quid. Oh, and by the way Tony’s put up the price of pie and chips at the beginning of the season but no calls for a boycott there. Get real people. Can’t see these price increases ‘hitting’ the working ‘man’.

Talking of the ‘working class’ fan. They used to walk or catch a bus to Maine Road back in the day, now I would suggest, most people drive and a large number of the them pay for parking, and season tickets were for the ‘posh’ and we managed our money each weak so that we save our 2 bob to get in to stand in most cases and got our half time drink from the trolley that went around the track. Things move on. Look at where you are and the stadium we play in and all the other facilities around the ground that all have to be paid for. Wish my gas, electric, Council Tax etc had only gone up by as little.

Ask yourselves, Is it with it to watch the football we have been playing? It is for me.
Good I’m glad they are. I hope every single media outlet has something to say about it. I’m a fan of the team and manager, I don’t care about some mid level board members who are just upping prices to justify their salaries each year (10 rises in 11 years).

And it’s nice your ticket has gone up by a quid, but mine has gone up £375 since 2011, it’s about 40% rise. Nothing in my life has gone up so sharply compared to that (maybe my blood pressure!)

All as I can say is,at least we ain't shit no more,remember walking up to the kippax to see what number it was to rip out of the season ticket book,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I don't own a business.

But if I was to bring a business cliant from Europe, the Far East, or America, I'm sure 8 out of 10, maybe even 9 out of 10, would want to go to a United match.

As other's have been saying, we do not have the fanbase or World wide appeal yet to fill our corporate areas.

Perhaps that's just one reason why United can and have frozen season ticket prices for 7 seasons in a row.

Their corporate and hospitality areas are probably always full, regardless of the shit Jose serves up on a plate, to the Business Men and Women, Tourists and Day Trippers that we don't have.

Stop the pyrotechnics, Poxy flags, bin liners on seats and the fancy season card gift sets and pass the discount on to us working class fans.

You just don't get it's utterly discgusting after such a successful season you still want to charge us more.

Take note from our club captain ffs.

Poor city, fucking poor!

Good I’m glad they are. I hope every single media outlet has something to say about it. I’m a fan of the team and manager, I don’t care about some mid level board members who are just upping prices to justify their salaries each year (10 rises in 11 years).

And it’s nice your ticket has gone up by a quid, but mine has gone up £375 since 2011, it’s about 40% rise. Nothing in my life has gone up so sharply compared to that (maybe my blood pressure!)
You think its mid level management, pretty sure if Soriano or Khaldoun didnt want rises to happen they wouldn't happen.

I don't own a business.

But if I was to bring a business cliant from Europe, the Far East, or America, I'm sure 8 out of 10, maybe even 9 out of 10, would want to go to a United match.

As other's have been saying, we do not have the fanbase or World wide appeal yet to fill our corporate areas.

Perhaps that's just one reason why United can and have frozen season ticket prices for 7 seasons in a row.

Their corporate and hospitality areas are probably always full, regardless of the shit Jose serves up on a plate, to the Business Men and Women, Tourists and Day Trippers that we don't have.

It'll be us they wanna come and see one day

Of course, the media are having a field day. BBC et al are full of it. Not a mention about any other club pricing.

Too many people on here complain about the price of tickets, food etc., I go to every home game and all the bars are rammed and people are always late into the ground and to their seats and at half time rush off to get to the bar first; so there is plenty of money for booze and food inside and outside of the ground but people complain when their ticket goes up by a quid. Oh, and by the way Tony’s put up the price of pie and chips at the beginning of the season but no calls for a boycott there. Get real people. Can’t see these price increases ‘hitting’ the working ‘man’.

Talking of the ‘working class’ fan. They used to walk or catch a bus to Maine Road back in the day, now I would suggest, most people drive and a large number of the them pay for parking, and season tickets were for the ‘posh’ and we managed our money each weak so that we save our 2 bob to get in to stand in most cases and got our half time drink from the trolley that went around the track. Things move on. Look at where you are and the stadium we play in and all the other facilities around the ground that all have to be paid for. Wish my gas, electric, Council Tax etc had only gone up by as little.

Ask yourselves, Is it with it to watch the football we have been playing? It is for me.

Spoken like someone who can evidently afford it (as can I - just). I dare say there’s plenty however who can’t

Last edited:
Except we do. Fill the ground that is. And therein lies the problem. Premier League games are 95% sold and if that was the trains, for example, you’d be looking at advance tickets costing £100+ each way from Manchester to London. The only way it’ll ever change is if supporters stayed away. A month of nobody going (and, in truth, a week would probably do it) and the pricing would collapse. Trouble is, we all know it’ll never happen and, more tellingly, ‘they’ all know it’ll never happen.
Direct action would affect things unfortunately, bitching and moaning on bluemoon will not.

There’s a distinction to be had between ‘selling out’ and ‘filling the ground’. Barring the biggies there are empty seats on my row in 117 every week, and the row in front, and the row behind. For midweekers mine has become one of them on an increasingly regular basis - although my lad always makes the effort cos he lives a lot closer than me - but with close on £140 going out of my account 10 months out of 12 for the two season cards, it means that I have to pay greater heed to train or petrol prices, and if they are remotely prohibitive then I end up having to knock the game on the head. That can’t be a desirable thing from anyone’s standpoint

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.