Fixtures for 18/19 season

Putting all the conspiracy stuff to one side for a moment, it would be interesting to see some transparency for us fans and see the parameters that are used when assembling the fixtures. I know we have the obvious one of local teams being home and away, but beyond that and requests for away games at season start for stadium developments I'm as cynical as others.
It all came out fairly recently. No top 6 teams to play each other in the first or last games or on FA Cup semi-final weekend. At least one game between top 6 teams must take place on 26 separate weekends, with no more than two in the same week. And there must be at least one top 8 game every single weekend.

The fixtures haven't been randomly generated for a very, very long time, but they've never made any secret of that: www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jun/15/fixtures-premier-league-football-league-compiled

the premier league has not had any top six team playing each other in the first or last fixtures of the season.
I am sure Arsenal played Liverpool at the Emirates first game of the season a couple of years ago. Think the Dippers won 3 - 2

I am sure Arsenal played Liverpool at the Emirates first game of the season a couple of years ago. Think the Dippers won 3 - 2
they did but liverpool never finished in top 6 year before. not sure about manchester derby but the merseyside one has never been played on first or last day of season in nearly 200 games

they did but liverpool never finished in top 6 year before. not sure about manchester derby but the merseyside one has never been played on first or last day of season in nearly 200 games
I can think of one occasion when we played at the swamp on the last day of the season. Scary and funny in equal measure.

Are released at 9am today, who would you like first up?. Wouldn’t mind a tester against any of last seasons top six.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.