Who now then?...

Not disagreeing with your point, but that summer you refer to had nothing to do with Txiki - he joined the club on 28th October 2012, well after that clusterfuck of a transfer window had shut.

Blame City, blame Ferran Soriano, blame Marwood - but you can't reasonably pin that window on Txiki.

Thanks for clarification. It demonstrates how some people with a tad of knowledge still throw around incorrect criticism of our club despite being the best ever premier league team last season. Ah well...,

I really wanted him, especially after some of his passes for Napoli vs us (although we did flatten him afterwards) but I did think he might end up playing in another position than Fernandinho's, once in the Prem.

But having watched how easily Pep took him apart, & not only that but we thrived by pressing the receivers of his passes, I feel like I've just got out of a huge car crash, after driving pissed, & nobody was injured & there are no police around.

I wanted Jourginho too but having watched how he reacted when we pressed him on Sunday - I’m glad we missed out (although it’s probably harsh to judge on a single game). He hardly made a forward pass - he seemed happy to dump the ball to anyone - even if they were under pressure. He looked reminiscent of Butch Wilkins (bless him) spraying the ball to anyone behind him.

There not gods. Even the best can get it wrong, Fergie, Jose, the lot of them. The pursuit of players with obvious deficiencies is worthy being mentioned. Particularly when tixi/ city fucked up a few years back bloating the team with mediocrity like javia garcia, Scott sinclair and Jack Rodwell. Saddling the club with big contracts, blocking the pathways of academy players and or superior players city could have recruited. So no. Sorry, I love pep but none of this feels right. I think we are actually lucky as fuck that fern was at the club before pep signed because on the strength of the players pep has been looking to fill ferns role, pep would never in a million years signed fern, who for me as been the lynchpin of are success.

The way City played v Chelsea, Pep was clearly targeting Jorginho as a huge weakness in their setup, not just pressing him but players picking off where his passes would go. We got it wrong a couple of times & they mounted some danger, but mostly, it was an absolute arse fucking for the guy.

That suggests to me that Pep was signing a player with flaws he knows about, who he would work on, rather than a direct Fern replacement. Imo, even so, he's too fucking slow end of, so you are probably right that we have dodged one. I think he was to replace Yaya & backup Fern, not to be the player who replaces him.

Pep said yesterday re Gundogan, something along the lines of that he was 'surprised' how well he played there v Spurs, but he sees him as a penalty area player, not a deep one.

I don't think we have yet seen the player Pep wants as a replacement for Fern.

Interestingly enough, one of the atributes he mentioned as to why Stones might be able to play as a backup to Fern (which the computer boys will hate & pretend never happened) is that he is 'tall'. That's straight out of the mouth of Pep Guardiola.

So his thinking re Fern's ideal long term replacement, might not be that far away from yours, or indeed mine.

Not disagreeing with your point, but that summer you refer to had nothing to do with Txiki - he joined the club on 28th October 2012, well after that clusterfuck of a transfer window had shut.

Blame City, blame Ferran Soriano, blame Marwood - but you can't reasonably pin that window on Txiki.
Fair enough mate. Tixi has still had a few ropey moments in the transfer market at City. http://sport360.com/article/footbal...egrini-scapegoat-txiki-begiristains-man-city/

I wanted Jourginho too but having watched how he reacted when we pressed him on Sunday - I’m glad we missed out (although it’s probably harsh to judge on a single game). He hardly made a forward pass - he seemed happy to dump the ball to anyone - even if they were under pressure. He looked reminiscent of Butch Wilkins (bless him) spraying the ball to anyone behind him.

Exactly what I thought. Ray Wilkins.

We’ll be fine. If it was such a concern, we would of paid extra and brought someone in.

Gundogan did well as a DM in the games he played last season. If he gets over the mental block of the injury and starts to get stuck in he can be even better. This is the position Pep has bought him. Using him as DM probably means Foden gets more game time in the 8 position so everyone benefits.

Then we have Delph who can most definitely play there. He is very good in possession and has the energy needed. Excellent defensively as well.

Douglas may get a work permit and if not other options are De Bruyne who we saw play the role comfortably then finally Danilo may possibly play there and Stones as Pep said.

Fernandinho will play the majority of games but less so than last season I believe. If the position becomes a concern we can always bring someone in during the winter transfer window or even loan a player.

Fair enough mate. Tixi has still had a few ropey moments in the transfer market at City. http://sport360.com/article/footbal...egrini-scapegoat-txiki-begiristains-man-city/

I completely agree with you. Txiki signed Mangala for £40million, or whatever the fuck it was we paid for him in the end, which is pound for pound our worst ever transfer (in my opinion) and also signed Wilfried Bony for £27million - so he's not without blame.

But I maintain that Txiki would never have overseen a window as consistently horrifying as the one that saw us 'push on' from a title win by signing Rodwell, Garcia, Maicon, Sinclair and Richard 'fucking' Wright!

Still makes me angry to think we handed Ferguson his perfect retirement by giving up on retaining the League and showing so little ambition that season.

Although you could argue, looking at the shambles that is the Rags since he left, that it was an inspired piece of strategic forward thinking!

We are also as lucky as duck that they signed KDB, Stones, Ederson, Jesus, Walker , Bernardo, Laporte, Sane......All at costs which seem bargains. TO suggest that they may be doing a poor job of recruitment is not right.

Fernandinho could easily play in a number of roles, as can a number of our midfield players. We are so so lucky to have Pep, so so lucky.-;)
Poor job in recruiting for the dm role. Not recruiting as a whole. How long do we need to suss that this position needs to strengthening. When the need is identified its in pursuit of players completely contrary in ability to the world beater you already have in position. Then when the pursuit of the two players you have in mind fall through. The messaging is that an attacking midfielder Douglas Luis can do it subject to work permit. Then there's talk of kdb, gundogan and others sharing the role. Then city do a 360, and we're being told a ball playing defender can slot in their. Like I said not having a go at recruitment or pep in general, just the pursuit and messaging to the fans around the acquisition of this role which has been at best schizophrenic.

It looks like only players being transferred re City will be outgoing. It looks like it is up to Pep to manage the resources he has in such a way to at least try and win everything. Personally just happy with the league and a reasonably good run in CL. Any other additions would be a bonus. Setting records, not bothered really, if we can win prem league with any number of points it will do for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.