The David Silva Stand?

Not totally against the idea but not particularly a fan of naming stands after players mainly because it's difficult to pick out just 4 players from our history thought the same about the Colin Bell stand, on the other hand deserves to be remembered by more than just one of the training pitches named after him. Just not sure a stand is the best way.

We could have an inside and an outside stand - that would give us eight to play with! Bert Trautmann and Dave Ewing would take up just two and that leaves plenty for Kompers, Sergio and David Silva! We end up with a couple of spares!

Is he as good as Zidane or Iniesta? Silva is a great footballer and one of the best in a Blue shirt; but that’s as far as it goes.

Arsenal haven’t got a stand named after Wright, Adams, Henry or Vieira.
Lol,at least we've progressed from the trio you mentioned yesterday.

A minimal word reply and misdirection. Called a “plonker” by another which is just plain pathetic.

Silva is no more or less of a vital player over the seasons than Aguero, Kompany, Zabaleta and one or two others. We’re a team and singling one out for a stand name is wrong.

There were no comparable heroes after Colin Bell which is why he got one.

My post was to Jack. I can only imagine that you have replied to the wrong poster.

I hope Sergio will have the North Stand named after him when he leaves.

Sergio, David and Vinny have been the most 3 important players we’ve had during this era. Numerous others come to mind as well.

But that 1 moment, 93:20, by Sergio, and all of his goals, have been the major reason why City have won so many trophies in the last 10 years.

As for David and Vinny, I haven’t got a clue how we begin to honour them.

I’d be happy to have the North Stand, East Stand, and South Stand renamed after Sergio, David, and Vinny, alongside Colin Bell.

Not totally against the idea but not particularly a fan of naming stands after players mainly because it's difficult to pick out just 4 players from our history thought the same about the Colin Bell stand, on the other hand deserves to be remembered by more than just one of the training pitches named after him. Just not sure a stand is the best way.
I agree. On another thread people are suggesting Olga and Vera could say whether Doherty was the best of all time. Each generation has its heroes and while I believe Silva is the best ever twenty years from now someone may be saying “why’ve we got stands named after Bell and Silva when De Bruyne/Foden/Another is our greatest ever player?”

The best way to mark legendary figures would be to create a proper walkway with statues of the greats and Hollywood style paving stones with other names and achievements. If the main road towards the main entrance or Sir Howard Bernstein Way, linking the CFA and stadium, had statues either side and a mosaic of names and achievements on the floor that would provide a visible, powerful message about our history.

Why not build 4 new pubs on the campus and name each one after David, Sergio, Vinney or Pablo.

Maybe build a cafe that does really good cake, and name it after Yaya

Is Silva as good as Gerrard, Scholes or Lampard? You don’t see their respective clubs naming ends after them.

I still would choose Aguero above him.
He's not a better goal scorer than any of them but i'd be surprised if even Scholes had half as many chances created for team mates as Silva. Only Scholes was near Silva for a short passing game but Silva is still easily ahead.

Good point on the naming of stands after them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.