City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I think the constant negative media our club receives has a negative impact on attendances. Our fans are made to feel almost apologetic for having this new found success and the club receive little or no credit for anything they achieve.

On the other hand Liverpool finished 4th last season 25pts behind and the way the media big them up you'd think they were the centurions. Same with the rags it's constant praise they can never do wrong and it does affect the mentality of a clubs fans.

There is a lethargy about our fanbase because they are made to feel ashamed of our success it also stifles our ability to attract new fans from around the world as they don't want to be associated with something perceived as 'dirty'. Instead those fans read the positive red headlines and they go flocking like sheep as tourists and keep their attendances up.

Another factor is modern day football just isn't as good an experience as it was back before hair styles and fancy boots. Our older loyal fan base are no longer as close to the game as they once were, in fact I know at least 10 season ticket holders 20+ years who stopped going this year.

The solution for me is to add CL tickets to the price of the season ticket as the rags do but obviously this isn't going to be popular. The club could maybe keep the cost reasonable by lowering the PL season ticket cost as not to drive more fans away.

We know the fanbase is there they need a £ carrot to return.

Never mind the ticket office, the number of blues who have given up on the Champions League is embarrassing.

The fans do not prioritise the Champions League and I think it transmits itself to the players. They should be professionals and ignore the empty stands but players are human. Edgy full house at Kick off and I am sure we would have won that game easily.
I've fucked it off in fact did so a couple of seasons ago, usual reasons with my dislike for Uefa reasons many have posted in the thread...hell I boo at the TV now on CL games.

Oh and thanks for being embarrassed for me as a regular/season card holder in fact for almost 50 years I'll make my own choices.

Last edited:
It probably stems back to us having no interest whatsoever back in the day of the big/Sky 4 glory years when we were so insignificant to the football world. We were never part of it and most of us didn't give a flying fck about it apart from hoping the rags got beat , I find it hard to be arsed about it now.

If the club go down the united route of adding CL tickets to your season tickets you will get a lot binning City altogether, United are killing their core fan base, a lad at work is united they are now checking away ticket names if you have sold it on you get a 3 year ban home and away, they routinely move people around the stadium and if you don’t like your new seat they don’t give a shit they will just give it someone else, he’s thinking of binning it altogether.

The club needs to drop prices to CL games to fill stadium. If needs be give the tickets to local schools and give some kids the chance to enjoy a match. Whatever anyone says that half empty stadium is embarrassing at cl games and must affect the players. Understand reasons people don’t go so the club needs a strategy to change it.

Shit last night. Surrounded by tourists and empty seats. Hardly any season ticket holders near me. Add £60 to seasoncard and say you get group games included. If you really cant go with one of those excuses that never seem to materialise when we are playing Barca, Madrid etc (you know who you are) then try ticket exchange. Full stadium, better Atmosphere, less tourists and great value (£20 per game)

The first few years of champs league there was a buzz about it I went to all the home games then you gradually get to realise it’s a g14 corrupt competition referees with a mandate changes to the competition to help the g14 clubs employing rags bigger fines for coming out late for a second half game than a racist chant! So 3 years ago I stopped going stopped enjoying the competition.

Liverpool and United have the small matter of probably ten times as many fans as us to pull from. Everything you mention above applies to local Liverpool and United fans. The only difference with us is we don't have the fans they do to replace the fans who show apathy.

Sorry mate but Liverpool have “ten times as many fans”. Maybe in Outer Mongolia but not match going fans. People can do whatever they want with their time and 50 percent of our weekend Premier League fanbase chose not to go last night. Fair enough.

We’ve had years of so called “tourists” filling in the gaps at CL and other Cup games. Now they’ve wised up to prioritising the “big games”. They can pick and choose tickets from forums (and from The Club at the start of the season) so why are they going to warm a seat for less glamorous ties until the people who were too busy decide to go to a final
or semi final.

The club needs to drop prices to CL games to fill stadium. If needs be give the tickets to local schools and give some kids the chance to enjoy a match. Whatever anyone says that half empty stadium is embarrassing at cl games and must affect the players. Understand reasons people don’t go so the club needs a strategy to change it.

It was £53 for all 3 group games combined...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.