United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't make my mind up about OGS.

I thought they were very lucky early on under OGS but after the results started to stack up I thought there's got to be more to it, but that performance at Wolves was really poor. Their next couple of games are important as they will go someway towards establishing whether OGS is the right man for them or not.
Technology has advanced dramatically since Supermarionation. They don't need strings to contol the puppets anymore. The GPC has merely moved on with the times, that's all.

Once again Appalling gets away with grabbing an opponent and bundling him to the ground in the area. Every fucking game he plays it's the same old story: Opponents get a corner, the ball floats over the top, and there he is, like a Sumo wrestler, arms wrapped around an attacking player physically hauling him to the ground.

Nobody will convince me ref's don't see it, they see only what they want to see.

Most of the time they see them & don't bother giving them.

Mike Dean decided to make an example of Sterling a while back, then has generally ignored most bouts of Mixed Martial Arts since, then yesterday suddenly gave Bournemouth a pen for nowhere near the level of Smalling's fouls, then failed to give Newcastle one (whilst also earlier ignoring a red card foul).

We saw Fernandinho pulled up for that offence when apparently it was rife in the other match.that night but allowed to go.

Chris Foy pretty much said you just give what the fuck you want, in any given game (although phrasing it differently).

We saw it in the World Cup with v.a.r. They gave fouls one game, nothing the next.

Edit: I meant Walton (I think)

we have an honest one.

The thing that nags at me is whilst City are obviously ‘big spenders’, somebody told me yesterday that they have never spent more than £60m on a single player (is that right?) and in the meantime in the last 5 years, it’s not as though we haven’t been able to compete with them in the market. Consequently, as much as I’d like to use the ‘flouting the rules’ argument, it seems a bit hollow and sounds increasingly like we are clutching at straws because they could win everything. On this final point, these feckers are just 15 games away from winning the lot, which makes my blood run cold. For me, this is about stability and having the best manager in the World rather than outspending us.

we have an honest one.

The thing that nags at me is whilst City are obviously ‘big spenders’, somebody told me yesterday that they have never spent more than £60m on a single player (is that right?) and in the meantime in the last 5 years, it’s not as though we haven’t been able to compete with them in the market. Consequently, as much as I’d like to use the ‘flouting the rules’ argument, it seems a bit hollow and sounds increasingly like we are clutching at straws because they could win everything. On this final point, these feckers are just 15 games away from winning the lot, which makes my blood run cold. For me, this is about stability and having the best manager in the World rather than outspending us.

Should have him stuffed.

we have an honest one.

Where ever that was posted, he’ll be banned in the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.