Madeleine McCann

Try quoting me next time or I could miss your response.

I don’t have any forensic grasp - I just listen to the experts in the way of the private investigators and what Scotland Yard think.

I seem that way because you disagree with me. Those that I’ve argued with in here have been condescending to me but because you agree with them - you don’t see it.

Funnily enough I don't feel condescended to by everyone that I disagree with. Your condescending response illustrates my point.

Anyway, let's not get into too much of a spat. In respect of listening to the experts seems that there is still plenty of room for debate if this thread is anything to go by.

I agree with what you describe above regarding risk varying according to environment and even with your examples, but I do assert as I have outlined that the circumstances of the case make it somewhat irrelevant because there are categories of actions which are not rationally in the bests interests of the child (in this case their safety) in any environment.

I also have a lot of sympathy for the suffering they have endured by the loss of their daughter, but see no logical conflict between feeling sympathy for that suffering and maintaining that their actions were, potentially, negligent. I agree that removing their remaining children or to "lock them up" would further no cause, however, I do believe that suggestion is often (though not exclusively) forwarded by its proponents as a statement against a perceived class injustice (the idea that if the parents were working class it would be different) rather than as a serious consideration of punishment for actions.

I’m struggling to disagree with any of that.

It’s a very well-thought out post.

I reckon that’s drawn it to a conclusion for me.

Funnily enough I don't feel condescended to by everyone that I disagree with. Your condescending response illustrates my point.

Anyway, let's not get into too much of a spat. In respect of listening to the experts seems that there is still plenty of room for debate if this thread is anything to go by.

I’m not saying you do, or I do for that matter.

I’m saying that people perhaps can see such tone more often when it’s someone they’re disagreeing with.

I’d argue that I’ve at the very least given as much as I’ve got on here and in some cases have been spoken down to more than I have to them.

I agree, I’m ready to park this thread for now.

Dr.Faustus has given the best arguments for me, despite the fact I probably disagreed with his general sentiment to begin with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.