Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think people rate Ederson because he’s a bit mad and has a decent left foot? I think that killing spree you went on has done you some damage, mate.

New user, 10 posts, 1 attacking Ederson, 3 attacking Pep, 2 attacking Jesus ("samba Welbeck"), 1 advocating the sale of Walker to a championship side.

People more cynical than myself might be suspicious.

Anyone has played as a keeper or coached keepers will tell you that immediately to the side of your shins is almost impossible to save. You just can't get down quick enough and it's at an awkward height to use your feet. From 8 yards on the angle where Son should in theory be shooting across goal, you're lucky if you get something in the way of it.

I would suggest anyone criticising him for not saving that doesn't know what they're talking about and just think that if a shot is close to the keeper it should be saved automatically.

He should be using his feet for that. I think he's just very slow to adjust and could be because of the knock he had. I don't think that "if a shot is close to the keeper it should automatically be saved" but he should be doing better.

Indeed - imagine if it was Hart or Bravo? Nobody will acknowledge it though because he’s got a sweet left foot and is a bit of a mad ****.

Elite goalkeepers make saves they shouldn’t - Ederson doesn’t.

Are you being serious??
Eddie is fucking vital to the way we play and he makes some top class saves..

Anyone has played as a keeper or coached keepers will tell you that immediately to the side of your shins is almost impossible to save. You just can't get down quick enough and it's at an awkward height to use your feet. From 8 yards on the angle where Son should in theory be shooting across goal, you're lucky if you get something in the way of it.

I would suggest anyone criticising him for not saving that doesn't know what they're talking about and just think that if a shot is close to the keeper it should be saved automatically.
It's definitely not a huge mistake but imo if he's using his feet he saves it. He doesn't need to make a big movement with his body, "just" adjust his feet and parry it.

It's definitely not a huge mistake but imo if he's using his feet he saves it. He doesn't need to make a big movement with his body, "just" adjust his feet and parry it.
Gen Q and I don't know but from the ball leaving Sons foot, how long do you think Eddie has to process what he sees and reacts as you suggest?

Had an excellent game and showed a different string to his bow the way he commanded his area. Bollocks on the goal, 6 yards out ffs, had no chance!

My kid is goalkeeper so I know the default in keeper's training is not to use legs, but that kind f shot is not possible to save but with legs. Sorry, but de Gea is not conceding that, at least not from the first shot. I know it's everyone's guess where ball goes after leg save but when there's no other option it's legit to do it with leg and at least give yourself a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.