UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josep Maria Bartomeu , who happens to still be under investigation for the Neymar transfer.

You could certainly understand the displeasure if our money had been generated through criminal activities, but as any money that has been invested in our club was generated by the world’s football fans and the rest of the globe’s populus filling up at petrol stations there is definitely a poetic justice to it.
In a dream would I would love our owners to call out the UEFA cartel out for what it is and accept a lengthy ban but I don’t think that will happen. Too much to lose for us.

Last edited:
Lipton insisted we would be banned by FIFA within 12 days for the illegal signing of underage players.

Whilst I expect that to happen (probably for Jan and next summer windows), it is clear his timelines are bollocks.

Couldn’t give a f**k about the champions league, this is what annoys me more.

That given all the scrutiny on us and the fact everybody is out to get us we have still been stupid enough to get caught doing this. This makes me angry that we have been so amateur in this respect.

Keep on reading Sane is on low wages. According to one of the Der Spiegel articles he was promised £24.5mil for his first 3 years which is approaching £160m per week.
The extract is below.

Success at any price: There is no better description for the strategy pursued by Man City executives. Bayern Munich, Germany's wealthiest team, was apparently unable to make a better offer to De Bruyne, nor were they able to secure the services of German national team player Leroy Sané. When the native of Essen, Germany moved to Manchester a year after De Bruyne, the team made him a promise: If Sané earned less than 24.5 million pounds in his first three years with the club, City would wire him the difference. In other words, Sané -- a 20-year-old at the time -- was guaranteed a salary of the equivalent of 28 million euros for three seasons. Germany's top league doesn't stand a chance.

As if. What a crock of ****.

I can't say how I know, but Leroy earns £65k a week.

In actual fact, even the new offer which has been sat in front of him for 15 months isn't even worth double that unless bonuses are then taken into account.

Still nowhere near £9m per annum claims made De Spewgel.

For context, City want him to be in the same cash bracket as the renewals of Gabby and Ederson (£110k a week)

Thanks. I hadn't read it as you did.

I don't think that strongly suggests much other that they are irritated that somewhere in the process there is a breach of confidentiality. I don't think it overtly refers to rivals or committee, I think it refers the media as being intent on damage.

I don't think there is any implication that the IC are biassed in their action - any such implication would have been far more obvious, I think. However, I also think it would have been unwise to say it publically, and thus they wouldn't have.

I think most accept that there is pressure on UEFA to investigate and charge if they can find a justifiable reason; I don't think that makes the IC corrupted - instead, I'd put that down to referring to the pressure to have the investigation started at the outset, and to do something by the date. I'm not finding the right words now for clarity, but I think there's a difference between having the outcome specifically directed, and direction to try having an outcome (which would need hitting the statutory date).

We'll eventually find out if and when UEFA takes any action. I think I am a bit more pessimistic than you. In terms of possible corruption what we do know is:
The recommendation of the invesigating committee to ban us was leaked to the New York Times and published the day before our treble-winning match.
There are only eight people on that committee and it includes people who may have a conflict of interest with Manchester City.
Khaldoon referred to people briefing the media in his interview and implied that we usually found out about it whenever it happened.
The confidential information could only have come out of that committee and (probably through a third party) reached the New York Times

Khaldoon could have chosen to make no detailed public comments but he didn't and I think that's because we have something up our sleeve. Let's see what happens.

He has 2 years left which means we can park him in the stands, play him for the u23s, drop him from the CL squad, take away his locker etc. and still get a good price for him next summer off the back of Euro 2020 which he'll be guaranteed a place at because Germany have no one else.

That wont happen though with the way we do things but hey You never know we might wont to make an example.

I can't say how I know, but Leroy earns £65k a week.

In actual fact, even the new offer which has been sat in front of him for 15 months isn't even worth double that unless bonuses are then taken into account.

Still nowhere near £9m per annum claims made De Spewgel.

For context, City want him to be in the same cash bracket as the renewals of Gabby and Ederson (£110k a week)

Certainly makes the money some of the dross at OT are on look even more ridiculous .

That wont happen though with the way we do things but hey You never know we might wont to make an example.

From what I remember, we fined Tevez £6m and didn't pay him for a number of months after he fucked off to Argentina, trying to force a move through to AC Milan.

He was also forced to apologise before he played a part in the title run-in.

I don't think Khaldoon is someone you should ever make an enemy of. (Especially when he is such a positive ally for most)

We'll eventually find out if and when UEFA takes any action. I think I am a bit more pessimistic than you. In terms of possible corruption what we do know is:
The recommendation of the invesigating committee to ban us was leaked to the New York Times and published the day before our treble-winning match.
There are only eight people on that committee and it includes people who may have a conflict of interest with Manchester City.
Khaldoon referred to people briefing the media in his interview and implied that we usually found out about it whenever it happened.
The confidential information could only have come out of that committee and (probably through a third party) reached the New York Times

Khaldoon could have chosen to make no detailed public comments but he didn't and I think that's because we have something up our sleeve. Let's see what happens.

We have to something up our sleeve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.