UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m totally confused how & why this can happen during a season and a chumps game around the corner ? Surely it’s done at the end of the season as this will clearly impact the players.

I hope city sue if possible. Our whole season might just go up in smoke from this point
The timing is deliberately timed to cause maximum damage - match against Madrid coming up and Cup Final. UEFA are making a colossal mistake - I think some in UEFA know it.

If we don’t appeal AND WIN it will hurt us enormously. The reputational damage will cause all our sponsors to look at their deals and some will walk away. Deals that would have been enormous money generators, such as ground naming rights and shirts sponsorships are suddenly significantly less attractive to Corporations who understandably will not want to be associated with a corrupt brand.

Within the Club can the people who got us this place, Khaldoon, Soriano etc survive. Surely somebody’s head has to roll. Will the owner lose interest in having to constantly fight the cartel and walk ?

Will Pep stay ? Will our star players stay ? Can we attract new talent? Can we afford new talent ?

This may all sound gloom and doom but this has the potential to be enormously damaging, if not fatal to the Club. When all is said and done CFG is a business and these kind of things have sent many business down in the past.

Exactly. People on here take the fan's view with, "Grow a pair, keep away from sharp objects, Jesus what did you do when we were shit? ( I was there.) Your points are all very valid but people don't want to hear them.

If that is the case, then UEFA are either absolutely stupid or are beyond confident of this sticking.

I suspect the former.
A third option is they are expecting CAS to overturn the ban which shows them acting tough but gets them off the hook with the Cartel clubs. Their get out will be "We did our best." But City will take their revenge this time.

The statement reads as though we are challenging process and due diligence which suggests to me we have failed in their guidelines.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that based on that alone, CAS won’t overrule entirely. That ties with the final part of the statement, that in the ‘first instance’ we will go to the CAS.

It looks to me like are we are going for UEFA directly.

If we don’t appeal AND WIN it will hurt us enormously. The reputational damage will cause all our sponsors to look at their deals and some will walk away. Deals that would have been enormous money generators, such as ground naming rights and shirts sponsorships are suddenly significantly less attractive to Corporations who understandably will not want to be associated with a corrupt brand.

Within the Club can the people who got us this place, Khaldoon, Soriano etc survive. Surely somebody’s head has roll. Will the owner lose interest in having to constantly fight the cartel and walk ?

Will Pep stay ? Will our star players stay ? Can we attract new talent? Can we afford new talent ?

This may all sound gloom and doom but this has the potential to be enormously damaging, if not fatal to the Club. When all is said and done CFG is a business and these kind of things have sent many business down in the past.

The reputational damage is done regardless of the outcome. Even if we win it will be “City spend £200m on lawyers” “City buy their way out of trouble”

We had a lad at school who for some reason got tarnished with a story that he shagged his dog. I very much doubt he did and it was just malicious gossip but even today almost 40 years later, if his name is mentioned, the shagging a dog gets mentioned and therein lies the problem.

This is really shit news for the club and fans whichever way people want to spin it.

I’d just love us to get the fcukers on the legality of FFP itself. It always was a blatant protection racket (to use Martin Samuel’s apt description) but, until now, no club’s had sufficient motivation or cash to challenge it in court.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/item/the-deficiency-of-fairness-in-financial-fair-play

Galatasaray v UEFA18

During 2014/15 Galatasaray exceeded the acceptable loss by over €130m, thus breaching FFP and the settlement agreement they had reached with the CFCB. The CFCB Adjudicatory Chamber excluded Galatasaray from UEFA competition for two seasons. Galatasaray appealed the decision to CAS arguing that FFP is illegal under EU Competition law.19The CAS Panel roundly rejected the arguments of Galatasaray and was critical of the club for "relying heavily on press articles" and suggesting "that the main objective of the break-even rule is to impede small clubs" ability to invest and recruit new talented players’.20 It was found that the objective of FFP is as argued by UEFA - to promote financial stability of clubs.

The reputational damage is done regardless of the outcome. Even if we win it will be “City spend £200m on lawyers” “City buy their way out of trouble”

We had a lad at school who for some reason got tarnished with a story that he shagged his dog. I very much doubt he did and it was just malicious gossip but even today almost 40 years later, if his name is mentioned, the shagging a dog gets mentioned and therein lies the problem.

This is really shit news for the club and fans whichever way people want to spin it.

Was his dog a looker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.