George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that our police are not even close to perfect, but I do feel like after watching a week of genuine police brutality towards all protesters and the media in the USA, people protesting here should be really thankful that we don't arm our police like the Americans with military equipment.

Ultimately people in the USA would dream about getting policed like we do...I don't know, maybe that's just my experience and others know better.

I agree with the overall point simply because the police here don't have anywhere near the same level of power that they do in America. My personal experience with the GMP is that they're predominantly dodgy cunts but I've never felt threatened by them.

There are plenty of racists and bigots permeating our law enforcement too but, as you've rightfully pointed out, we're not arming them to the teeth and giving them free reign.

I'm opposed to gun ownership but if the day does ever come when we decide to start arming them without stringent procedures and regulations in place, I'll certainly be putting an order in.

First, Tim Black told me to wake the fuck up, now Jimmy Dore is shouting down my ear...

I, wholeheartedly, retract my post about the cops kneeling and feeling hope from it.

Fuck 'em.

Haha, I cant believe you fall for this shit, it takes two to tango... No wonder we're all in this sorry state :(

Not in a million fucking years. The national FOP (fraternal order of police) has condemned and committed to no union support for the accused in Minneapolis. They have asked the local unions to comply with their guidance in this matter.
For once, they got it correct.
Not for this case, but for loads of cases historically. The point being that nothing gets done and people get moved around until something goes badly wrong, and which point we find out that the officer in question had a history of violence, complaints and suspensions. There'll no doubt be officers who get sanctioned for their actions in the past week policing the protests, who will then go on to further violence in the future because it isn't taken seriously enough now (i.e. they aren't permanently sacked and blacklisted from the profession nationwide).

Let's all wait for Trump's condemnation of them...

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.