Ferran Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if Mahrez and Torres would ever play together but, if they did, they could at least play on their favoured wing.

For me, we haven't looked the same since Sterling was asked to go wide left. We have lost so much directness as a result.

It is only because Sterling and Mahrez are such top drawer players that they still get results in spite of a system which I think increasingly affords our opponents a chance to get a result against us.

Sterling on the left is wanting to stand up his man but ALWAYS wants to cut inside on to his right foot inside the penalty area.

Mahrez, the same, wanting to work that opening on to his left foot.

From the vid that Ste kindly shared here, Torres is very talented, but this current City team does not need another player wanting to come into the centre of the pitch.

That's when our play becomes too slow and congested.

He's all right foot, it just doesn't make sense in respect of him being viewed as an outright Sane replacement?

I know he has occasionally played on the left, but I don't want to see another wide player who automatically wants to cut inside on to their favoured foot.

That's already a problem for us trying to break down teams inviting us to come inside and play in front of them.

https://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2019/06/01/ferran-torres-club-quiero-jugar/414892.html

Ferran Torres: "The club already knows that I want to play on the left"

Seen a report that claims he is being an arse to his club now (if true!) I hate it when they agitate for a move especially when it looks nailed on (or so we are told), I think Mahrez started it too. I'm sure there are other factors. I hoped our front three would be Sane Gabby and Raz for the next five years, hopefully he can fill Leroys boots.

For me, we haven't looked the same since Sterling was asked to go wide left. We have lost so much directness as a result.

It is only because Sterling and Mahrez are such top drawer players that they still get results in spite of a system which I think increasingly affords our opponents a chance to get a result against us.

Sterling on the left is wanting to stand up his man but ALWAYS wants to cut inside on to his right foot inside the penalty area.

Mahrez, the same, wanting to work that opening on to his left foot.

From the vid that Ste kindly shared here, Torres is very talented, but this current City team does not need another player wanting to come into the centre of the pitch.

That's when our play becomes too slow and congested.

I know what you mean. I'd prefer it if we were after a natural left footer with similar attributes to Sterling but I can't think of one who would be available and suited to us.

What I do think Torres will give us is the ability for our wingers to switch flanks mid game. If we do that at the moment then either Bernardo or Mahrez go out left and do pretty much nothing.

I'd love to see Raheem pushed back onto the right but he's been our best option on the left this season. Hopefully Torres can shake things up a bit.

So not a Sane replacement and a completely unnecessary buy when you consider how good Mahrez has been on the right and we also have Bernardo and Foden.

You complain about having 2 wingers cutting in, and then also complain about the prospect of getting a right footed right winger?

In the longer videos you'll see he's very happy to take people down the outside on either wing, which means he can give us what we don't have with Mahrez on the right and Sterling on the left.

He also has the ability and inclination to run at defenders, get them running backwards and then leave them for dead which we've not had since Sané left.

I think you're maybe being a bit too literal with your definition of Sané replacement.

Last edited:
Seen a report that claims he is being an arse to his club now (if true!) I hate it when they agitate for a move especially when it looks nailed on (or so we are told), I think Mahrez started it too. I'm sure there are other factors. I hoped our front three would be Sane Gabby and Raz for the next five years, hopefully he can fill Leroys boots.

Have you got a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.