Ferran Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
kdb,foden,bernardo,torres,sterling,mahrez.

so many players can play other roles.

gundogan and rodri cant play toghder,never.

I don't know. I said I feared we could lose somebody and hopefully not him.

Bernie is amazing and I feel his loss of form has also been overstated. He was at such a high ceiling last year and had very little rest for 18 months.

I believe he lost focus after the racism accusations and it hurt deeply.

I would be shocked after what pep has said about Bernardo over the last year if he sold him to be honest. Especially if we aren’t replacing Merlin then it’s another role Bernado can play?

Can't see any central midfielders going unless it's Gundogan but doubt that too. Rodri, Gundogan, KDB, Bernardo, Foden for 3 positions. Maybe Fernadinho and Doyle too but unless we bring in somebody can't see any leaving.

I'd much prefer Mahrez to be moved on that Bernardo. The former has had a good season but he doesn't fit what this team is about. Bernardo, whilst way off the paces this season offers much more when on it than Mahrez.

I’m as keen on Bernardo as anybody but I do have doubts that his heart is fully committed to us. He works just as hard as he ever did but doesn’t seem to be enjoying his football at the moment. I’m going to break ranks here and suggest that he owes us nothing and his happiness and career progression are paramount. If that means he moves on then the club should once again show how classy they are and facilitate a move. On the other hand, perhaps I’m being a pillock and he’s just having a bad run of form. I’m hoping for the latter.

So not a Sane replacement and a completely unnecessary buy when you consider how good Mahrez has been on the right and we also have Bernardo and Foden.
To be fair I like Mahrez but if we're talking about predictability and cutting inside then you need look no further than him on the right.

Adding another rapid skillful winger to the mix is a bit of a must but I'm not convinced they have to be left footed - anyway this guy seems quite capable of using his left foot.

We already have three guys who a left footed that can play out wide but none have the kind of speed Sane had.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bernie go; especially if Barca come in for him but, unless we buy another midfielder, Bernie and Phil are the guys I'd expect to be scrapping for the left sided AMC role and we need two top players for that role. The only way I see us buying a direct replacement for Merlin is if we buy Messi and I'd be ok with Bernie going the other way in those circumstances.

If we do buy Torres it might be because he is very young and just too good not to get in now.

Maybe, but when I've seen Phil playing for England under-21s or taking apart Liverpool, he's so much more suited to right side of the attack, like an old-fashioned inside right.

I fear we might be losing someone this summer that we don't expect. You can never have enough good players but Torres coming in will only complicate matters further.

I do hope it isn't Bernardo.

I think you could be right, Bernardo seems to be the fall guy this year, his body language for me has been different he seems to be pissed off at times whereas the year before he was ok with things but had a fantastic year.

Pep definitely picks Mahrez before him in big games.

I guess the Real starting team will give us an idea.

Barcalona want him & Garcia so I expect some noises

Bernie is amazing and I feel his loss of form has also been overstated. He was at such a high ceiling last year and had very little rest for 18 months.

Do you not think when he has played he seems far to deep in fact picking the ball up more or less in a DM position??

Sam Lee has been banging the drum of a player wanting out for a while, I think it was rumoured that Bernardo wanted to play for Real or Barca one day. With the UEFA ban I would have seen Bernardo make a push for it so I guess us winning has complicated things maybe from his end.

I don't see either of them offering us what we would want financially so not sure where that leaves things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.