#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone watched lautaro martinez play recently? He's absolutely awful. Give me Jesus any day of the week over him.. Haaland on the other hand..

Another dire performance with Gabby leading the line. Only one goal? Useless!

When, oh when, will we get a player that is capable of scoring every goal for the club, rather than just scoring a bunch and enabling many other players to score a bunch!?!

Once we find that player we will be unstoppable!*

*Unless said player gets injured or has a run of bad form or falls out with the manager or puts in a transfer request

When, oh when, will we get a player that is capable of scoring every goal for the club, rather than just scoring a bunch and enabling many other players to score a bunch!?!

*Unless said player gets injured or has a run of bad form or falls out with the manager or puts in a transfer request
I think the fact the thread is quiet tells you everything you need to know about his performance.

I thought he was ok but how many shots did he have, how many times did he *look* like scoring?

Are we seriously praising him for looking half-decent against a team that won’t be in the division next season? We’ve Real Madrid in 2 weeks and if that’s the best he can do then we better hope the government quarantines their team for a fortnight

Despite a decent(good if I’m generous) run for a couple of weeks prior to lockdown he’s just not up to it and a goal against a team that struggled to get 20 points won’t change my opinion

Always a day late and a dollar short

Cash in, if possible

I am a big Gabby fan boy but....
If he learned how to time a run to meet crosses he could have had 5 today.

I am a big Gabby fan boy but....
If he learned how to time a run to meet crosses he could have had 5 today.
Based on today the same could be said of Raz, Kev, and Foden, though, as they all *just* missed good chances from low crosses in the box (in a few cases the same chances Gabby missed).

I think we hold Gabby to a higher standard to everyone else because, as my previous jokes alluded to, we collectively think his only purpose is to score goals. And he is responsible for all of our goals.

And that would be the case if he played in a Mourinho or Solksjaer or Pochettino side.

But Pep wants him to do different things in a different role, and that role means he is not the focal point, at least not for scoring goals.

That is something Sergio had to adapt to when Pep came (and he did it very well).

I think Gabby fits that role perfectly. And our goal tally supports that (especially the different number of players scoring goals).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.