Kalidou Koulibaly

Can someone explain to me if we need a CB this year why are we not getting it?!
Messi thing is over obviously. I don't think city is still waiting for messi.
We were. The priority was defensive reinforcement. Messi would require an even stronger defence because his defensive work is none-existent (2-8).

I'm.not arsed either. But we certainly need a CB. Ake is good but we need a 2nd. A big, tall fast unit.

I'd take Soyuncu personally. But any of the good ones will do. Stones need direct competition, and cover if he breaks down.
I am with this - I agree that we cannot be just held to ransom and pay over the odds - those days are behind us and that should remain the case - we are a professionally run organisation, but......

I desperately want to see a new CB, in the mould, as you describe: A big, tall fast unit.

I am not one of the flaky ones, but my confidence for the season would greatly increased if we got Kouliabaly (at a price we accept) or someone else of similar attributes

I am with this - I agree that we cannot be just held to ransom and pay over the odds - those days are behind us and that should remain the case - we are a professionally run organisation, but......

I desperately want to see a new CB, in the mould, as you describe: A big, tall fast unit.

I am not one of the flaky ones, but my confidence for the season would greatly increased if we got Kouliabaly (at a price we accept) or someone else of similar attributes

If we signed a top quality, big, tall, fast, unit (who isn't a nutcase) our central defensive options would go from 'dodgy' to excellent, overnight.

Stones as competition for a place rather than as main cb, is outstanding cover. Ake, imo, is a genuine potential 1st choice cb.

If we don't get it, we will have either Ake playing out of normal position, Fern hobbling around pretending to be a cb, Pep's shit son hobbling around worse pretending to be a cb or Pep telling us he has always believed in John Stones.

I'm.not arsed either. But we certainly need a CB. Ake is good but we need a 2nd. A big, tall fast unit.

I'd take Soyuncu personally. But any of the good ones will do. Stones need direct competition, and cover if he breaks down.

I'm with you. Personally, I think Koulibaly would be a brilliant signing but if it doesn't happen then so be it. I don't think we'll save a whole lot on an alternative but if the club thinks the money is better spent on someone else then I'm happy to go along with that.

What I don't understand is how anyone would be confident going into next season with what we have. Stones hasn't shown any consistency over four years. Otamendi is... let's not go into that but I think it's fair to at least say he's been on a physical decline. Garcia has a lot to improve on and wants to leave. Harwood-Bellis has looked very raw any time I've seen him in the first team. Laporte is top quality if he gets back to his best but hasn't yet shown himself to be that player who ups the level of everyone else in the backline.

I'm still excited about Ake but I think he'll be a stand in for Laporte if he gets injured again or fails to find form again (and I'm confident he will). I said it when he signed but I can also see him doing a job a left back for us when we need a bit more solidity against certain teams.

There's a lot to be said about confidence in football and the presence certain players have on the pitch. The likes of Kompany, Sergio Ramos, Koulibaly, van Dijk etc all make mistakes but when the majority of opponent's see those names on a team sheet then they know they're going to be in for a tough time. I don't feel like there's a back four or back five we can put out right now which would give the opposition that feeling.

Some reports says that Samuel Umtiti is on his way out from Barcelona, maybe KK was a smokesscreen.
Umtiti had a bad ACL injury and has struggled to fully recover, lost pace and was out of favour so they bought in Lenglet. I'd stay well clear given injury history, and he's left footed. Apparently they want to include him in a deal for Depay anyway. Could find his form there, but we can't afford to take such a risk

Marv, in the main you generally add to the forum but within the transfer threads, you are simply speculating and trying to come over as being all knowledgeable as to what is happening.

So, either back up your assertions with facts, or just concede you haven't a clue. Because we have yet to sign this lad, doesn't mean we aint trying, but Im sure when you post the facts we will all then be on the same page and we can go from there
For the nth time, I do NOT know what City's plans are for the defence. There are no 'concrete' news stories so the safe assumption is that City are struggling to replace Kompany.

Perhaps you would like to add to the discussion then. What news do you have about Koulibaly, or a new right-sided centre-back? Exactly. Nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.