Bluemoon C-V Fitness thread

Shortly moving to near Deansgate Locks - anyone recommend a decent gym? Not necessarily a chain, an old school gym would be decent! Cheers

Been and done another swim again today, 3 further lengths than on Monday in the same time 2775 metres in total, that’s after 2 consecutive days at the gym, want sure arms would be up to it after yesterday but felt great. Back in the gym tomorrow for some weights then on the 30k bike ride and blast a 5k out on the treadmill. Really enjoying the gym currently though I know I can have a tendency to get bored at some point with it. View attachment 3584
Ye either have very small wrists or a watch the size of Big Ben

Shortly moving to near Deansgate Locks - anyone recommend a decent gym? Not necessarily a chain, an old school gym would be decent! Cheers
The Y Club at Castlefield or The Gym in the Great Northern Warehouse?

Unless you fancy travelling out of the centre i don't know of any 'old school' types.

Been and done another swim again today, 3 further lengths than on Monday in the same time 2775 metres in total, that’s after 2 consecutive days at the gym, want sure arms would be up to it after yesterday but felt great. Back in the gym tomorrow for some weights then on the 30k bike ride and blast a 5k out on the treadmill. Really enjoying the gym currently though I know I can have a tendency to get bored at some point with it. View attachment 3584
Are you swimming front crawl? I’ve only recently learned to swim (properly) and I’m really enjoying it but I can only do breastroke! I’ve done up to 2500m breaststroke but I just can’t swim front crawl, after 3 lengths and I’m fooked. Been watching YouTube videos etc as I know it’s more practical for long distances. Any advice?

Are you swimming front crawl? I’ve only recently learned to swim (properly) and I’m really enjoying it but I can only do breastroke! I’ve done up to 2500m breaststroke but I just can’t swim front crawl, after 3 lengths and I’m fooked. Been watching YouTube videos etc as I know it’s more practical for long distances. Any advice?
Get lessons.
I did my first 2 triathlons doing breaststroke as I couldn’t do front crawl and decided I wasn’t going through that again. Had lessons, cost £70 for 4 including a video analysis and haven’t looked back since that.
Buy a pool buoy from amazon, dit’s between your thighs and helps keep your legs up, get decent goggles and slow everything down. Obviously there’s more to it than that and without watching you I can’t say where you’re going wrong but the biggest reason for getting fucked is you’re windmilling and using loads of energy wastefully. Let your arms almost fall through the water until their underneath you then pull through the stoke until your arm is almost out of the water behind you.

I only learnt last September to swim properly mate but it was the best £70 I spent.

Get lessons.
I did my first 2 triathlons doing breaststroke as I couldn’t do front crawl and decided I wasn’t going through that again. Had lessons, cost £70 for 4 including a video analysis and haven’t looked back since that.
Buy a pool buoy from amazon, dit’s between your thighs and helps keep your legs up, get decent goggles and slow everything down. Obviously there’s more to it than that and without watching you I can’t say where you’re going wrong but the biggest reason for getting fucked is you’re windmilling and using loads of energy wastefully. Let your arms almost fall through the water until their underneath you then pull through the stoke until your arm is almost out of the water behind you.

I only learnt last September to swim properly mate but it was the best £70 I spent.
Thanks mate. I’m doing my own version of triathlon (all indoor / gym based) now and I’m considering taking it up properly as I’m enjoying it so much. Where did you go for lessons?

Thanks mate. I’m doing my own version of triathlon (all indoor / gym based) now and I’m considering taking it up properly as I’m enjoying it so much. Where did you go for lessons?
Other side of Rochdale so a bit of a trek for you, not sure if he’s currently still doing them but I can put you in touch with him if you wish.
Get yourself on the Salford quays Tri if it goes ahead next year, only sprint distance and the next one up.
1.5k swim
28 mile bike
10k run.
All done around the quays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.