COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify I am NOT attacking the list or the priorities on it. Nor the people who created it as they have actual important decisions to take as a committee about deployment of these vaccines to ensure safety within age groups.

Just found it odd the way the media are treating it as some top secret list that has been revealed as if it gives kudos to them for doing so. When anyone could have predicted what it would say.
It's not difficult for the media to reveal it's on the website.

As pointed out by Van Tam though and on their website the actual priorities could change depending on the information when the trials publish and possible priorites in terms of people with lots of contacts ie public facing workers if it reduces transmission as well as disease.

MMR has been proven safe , the crank that said it wasnt has been debuncked a hundred times , shame on him
He has been debunked as you say but he was primarily a crook not a crank, he did the 'research' at the behest of lawyers seeking compensation for 'victims' and fiddled the results for money.

Whenever I’m out and about during the day, it always seems to be tradesmen or site lads going into shops, petrol stations, takeaways, etc without masks on. There was 3 in the petrol station last week without a mask on.

I know when we talk about people in the building trade we are hardly talking about the brains of Britain, but fuck me.

Your last paragraph and quoting brains of Britain is a joke and a bad reflection on your intellect. Thousands of great clever skilled lads in the building trade - majority of whom make good honest livings and significant majority make more than people with useless degrees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I struggle with people who just outright state that they won't be having a vaccine when it becomes available, I can completely understand that there may be a reluctance to have a vaccine that has not gone through the long term trials that are normally undertaken and that is a different argument altogether.

It will be good to see what any vaccine rollout program would be like, I suspect there will be travel restrictions and the like put on people who refuse the vaccine.

I can understand how people have lost all trust in Government over the last 20 - 30 years and I can't see this changing any time soon.

I struggle with people who just outright state that they won't be having a vaccine when it becomes available, I can completely understand that there may be a reluctance to have a vaccine that has not gone through the long term trials that are normally undertaken and that is a different argument altogether.

It will be good to see what any vaccine rollout program would be like, I suspect there will be travel restrictions and the like put on people who refuse the vaccine.

I can understand how people have lost all trust in Government over the last 20 - 30 years and I can't see this changing any time soon.
I dont recall seeing anyone post on here flatly refusing, but several (me included) wanting greater assurances of its safety before taking it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.