Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

That's great. Thanks for posting it? I wonder where they are going to park all those cars that used to go on the Arena site on matchdays?
Could be wrong but isn't the arena going on the greenish bit on the opposite side of Joe Mercer way to the tennis centre. Don't think that was used for parking.

Could be wrong but isn't the arena going on the greenish bit on the opposite side of Joe Mercer way to the tennis centre. Don't think that was used for parking.
I am not sure. I thought it was going on the right hand side if you walk down towards the gasometers (ie the tram stop side) which is usually full of cars.

Not calling in the approved planning application, does that mean side-stepping ?
No it means that they are prepared to accept the decision made by the City Council.

Calling-in the application suggests that there is some reason why they do not trust the Local Planning Authority.

For example, in 2008, Donald Trump applied to Aberdeenshire Council for permission to build a golf resort at Menie. The local planning sub-committee rejected the first application on the casting vote of the chair. Scottish First Minister, Alex Salmond, went ballistic and 'called-in' the application and promptly granted permission.

Salmond has probably rued his decision ever since! Maybe so has Trump, as the project has proved loss-making from the start?

Drone video posted on YouTube on the 11th of November. Don’t know when it was filmed.

Took 2 screen grabs from the video. Enlarged the original. Slightly blurred.

When the current lockdown is lifted at the start of December I will begin taking pictures of the Arena development, like I did with the CFA and SS expansion, and continue to do so every month for the next 3 years until the arena is built. The initial pictures won’t be very exciting. Prep work, etc.

Loads of great shots of the city centre skyline in the drone video. Well worth a watch.

F71-C0354-713-F-4-C8-C-9946-A726-F5-ACEBBE.jpg

C5-A52-E95-04-FB-4-FBC-B031-7-F1-BDB5-D74-F6.jpg

I walked home from town the other day and walked by the tram tracks into the Etihad and was going to cut through the car park to Philips Park. Anyway, it was locked so in the first picture, I walked across the bridge into the vast space to the bottom right hoping to get onto the car park access road. Nope. Had to chase back. Its a huge site.

Also, town looks great on that picture. Will look forward to your pics.

No, that bit does usually have some cars parked on it on matchdays. There's an entrance labelled Blue Car Park M. Always thought it was for staff or media but could be wrong.

I should have clarified that I was referring to where the arena is going, no idea on car parking.

No, that bit does usually have some cars parked on it on matchdays. There's an entrance labelled Blue Car Park M. Always thought it was for staff or media but could be wrong.

Not certain on this, but thought that was the land just above the arena. Thought the bit the arena is on was just a rough overgrown bit that was left empty. Either way don't think it's many cars if any.

wouldn't you think with forward planning a spur off the metro link track so trams could be stacked for end of events or is that to easy
that could be done now while nobody allowed at football

just thought canal might be issue aarrgghhhh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.