Political relations between UK-EU

Since June 2019, a spat between the EU and Switzerland has meant that the bloc’s exchanges have been banned from Swiss shares.

But with the UK no longer a member of the EU, Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) has again approved UK trading venues.

Prior to the ban, London exchanges handled more than a quarter of Swiss shares every day – some €1.2bn, according to the CBOE.

And the positive news just keeps on coming.

But... the fish or something...

Ever closer union is in the opening paragraph of the treaty itself. Then it was "between the European peoples" (since adapted to include between the member states) but it's not an interpretation. Whether it meant leading to a political union is debatable, but it has always been in the treaties we signed..
Yes apologies, agreed that was in the opening part but not defined in the articles itself which I assume is what forms the legal framework of the agreement? It would have been useful if someone had said “erm, what does that mean exactly”!! They’d only have needed to run it past “off topic” and we’d have sorted it for them.

Your last sentence is key to my original point. As the MT was required to make the EU what is it today we can reasonably assume the RT in itself wasn’t sufficient at least form a strong legal perspective even if some ambiguity like this existed.

You really have no idea the shit storm that's going on right now do you. I envy you a bit.
At least as much as you I would suggest

But........

I seem to also have a far better understanding of what the causes are and what could have been done to mitigate the issues - and where the responsibility lies

It wasn't a question. It was a statement, carefully worded to exclude the things that make leaving the EU more important for you than the damage to trade.

Question then: will the benefit of a bit more trade with the Pacific outweigh the loss of trade with the EU?
You are simply repeating a nonsense question with:

"Question then: will the benefit of a bit more trade with the Pacific outweigh the loss of trade with the EU?"

It is not a issue of comparing 2 blocs and deciding between them - that is just the narrative/discussion that you want to make it

Try and read and digest

But........

I seem to also have a far better understanding of what the causes are and what could have been done to mitigate the issues - and where the responsibility lies
You really don't.
Or if you do, you're lying on here.

But........

Out of interest, are you as fantastic as you seem to think you are?

As for this constant blaming people who voted remain for the mess we're now in, that's some mental gymnastics you have there. Blaming people who didn't want this for the mess that we said it would cause if people voted for it. But, we've spoke enough times that I know there is nothing I could say that will make you change your mind one iota.

Just say you were talking cobblers. Everyone knows when you avoid challenges. You're the Mahrez of the thread.
Nope - just avoiding getting involved in your nonsense

My comments are clear - I choose not to get involved in your false narrative

It's great news that London's trade in European equities is now only down 80% rather than 100%.

And the fish are still happily swimming around in the knowledge there's no market for them so they don't have to worry about being caught.

All good.
See, things are improving rather than getting worse like what was theorised by the Doomers.

Happy days ahead, I knew you'd come around eventually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.