#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately for Rodders,he appears to have fallen at he last hurdle......and i would now expect Dinho to start the final.
He is a good player,a big reason we have done so well this season,but there are definitely concerns with some aspects of his game.Hopefully still being relatively young,he can improve on his weaknesses.

In terms of our starting CDM for the next few years......i cant help thinking he is 100% right for us though,unfortunately.

Now imagine what we could have achieved if we had a competent CDM making the most passes of any one player in the league…

A4205-A3-F-8205-42-F0-AAB1-4588-DA6-A1-CF1.jpg

Rodri has performed really well and has contributed to what may be our best season ever. Admittedly, he hasn't been at his best in recent weeks. But why do some people want to see those weeks as defining his quality, and not the months when we were winning every single game? Shame.

We haven't seen the team sheet yet. If we win we may possibly get some insight into the starting 11 selection decisions. There is, as of now no question of anyone being, "dropped", we just trust Pep to use the squad in the most efficient manner possible.

Unfortunately for Rodders,he appears to have fallen at he last hurdle......and i would now expect Dinho to start the final.
He is a good player,a big reason we have done so well this season,but there are definitely concerns with some aspects of his game.Hopefully still being relatively young,he can improve on his weaknesses.

In terms of our starting CDM for the next few years......i cant help thinking he is 100% right for us though,unfortunately.
I'm not so sure, Mason Mount absolutely battered Fernandinho in the Semi final he made him look like a 40 year old player.

I'd have no problem with either tho tbh.

Rodri has performed really well and has contributed to what may be our best season ever. Admittedly, he hasn't been at his best in recent weeks. But why do some people want to see those weeks as defining his quality, and not the months when we were winning every single game? Shame.
Because they pontificated on his slowness, back passing etc. etc., failed to see his value and now many, not all, cannot be seen to do a 180 even though their negative posts are there to be seen by anyone. It's the way today, keep shouting falsehoods and don't let facts get in your way.

Pep has a habit of trying to outwit the opposition manager, especially in bigger games e.g. last season's quarter final vs. Lyon.
I hope he doesn't select Fernie & Rodri.
We definitely need both Gundo & Bernardo to energise our midfield and put Chelsea on the back foot.
I would select Fernie, but closely monitor how he reacts to Chelsea's undoubted tactic of diving whenever he challenges them.
They will use all the dark arts and unfortunately, Fernie (as was the case with Nigel De Jong) is a prime target for his robust play and atitude.

I'm not so sure, Mason Mount absolutely battered Fernandinho in the Semi final he made him look like a 40 year old player.

I'd have no problem with either tho tbh.
True and yesterday in the first half it was a very open game , if Everton were better up front and less generous, it could have been 2-2 at half time. We had the better players. With Ferna and Kevin in midfield there can be huge spaces in midfield. We need balance and control against Chelsea, we can beat them, but they are much better than Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.