Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Fernandinho coming on didn't change the game. Chelsea were awesome, Peps lineup and tactics didn't lose this game, Chelsea won it.

It probably wouldn't have needed changing had we started with a CDM from the start.

I was gobsmacked when I tuned in and saw the lineup. We absolutely handed it to them on a silver plate before a ball was even kicked.

But yes credit is due to Chelsea though.

The thing we had praised Pep for all year in the Champions League is what cost us today, he tried to tinker and toy with the squad in a CL final.

This is on the players as well though, they looked tepid, unmotivated, and confused. They brought no energy, and it looked like they had no desire to be there.

KDB going off killed us.
Rubbish, he didn't turn up.

Pep fucked it.

- KDB too far forward.
- Foden has played well when he’s been on the left but Sterling was there.
- Gundogan playing deep when he’s played well further forward this season.
- No Fern. Even Rodri would have been better.
- Sterling a shambles unfortunately.
Gundogun not good enough to start for city. Absolutely garbage player

Fernandinho coming on didn't change the game. Chelsea were awesome, Peps lineup and tactics didn't lose this game, Chelsea won it.
I think it was a mixture of the two. First goal was always going to be critical and we needed to score it to support Peps selection. We never looked like unzipping them aside from the Sterling chance which a true goal scorer would have taken. The choice of Sterling can only be down to wanting him to stay as he had not earned his place in the starting 11.

I thought that Chelsea were OK but really didn’t need to try that hard to beat us. They carved out three of four excellent chances in the first half with pretty average movement and passing. We just looked pedestrian.

I suspect adding Kane to that line up tonight would not have brought a different result.

Lets hope that there is cash to do some deals as it will be a really tall order to repeat this seasons results without one or two big changes including a goalscorer.

stay sensible blues.

No offence Marvin, as you're generally an OK poster if not massively pessimistic, but tonight you've said you've had enough of Pep and that he needs to go as if not winning the Champions League is the be all and end all.
The Champions League is an utter pile of over hyped, cheaty, divey shite and if you don't recognise that this is the best football you will ever see then you are in for some of the most serious decades of disappointment you will ever see.
Well said.

I have a couple of friends who went to Porto and were really disappointed when they saw the team selection of Sterling playing ahead of Fernandinho. In Pep's pre match interview, the journalists were also questioning it, even Noel Gallagher said the same. Fernandinho is the rock of the team. I was at the Etihad on Sunday and watched him. He is on the top of his game, playing with freedom and confidence, and yet he was dropped. That is an extraordinary decision and, (thanks for the letter you sent me this week Pep), but how do you explain not playing him?
The only positive I take from that is that I, and most on here, saw this from the start, and there was a kind of inevitability of how things turned out. Just play the best team for the final. It's not rocket science.

100% If people wanna see Fernandinho at his best go and watch the Everton game again. We scored a few goals just from him winning it in midfield. World class gets thrown around too much in football. Fernandinho is world class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.