Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...as it stands."

I can't see us bidding any more than 70m for him. If we're in for him of course.

Go for the 2nd or 3rd player on the list. Has done us well recently.
They don‘t need to sell and, as a club with aspirations, I’m sure they’d rather not. Grealish is their talisman and hasn’t signalled he’s desperate to leave. Therefore it’s not a buyer‘s market.

So, regardless of how anyone on here values him, I doubt they’d accept £70m. We can‘t pluck prized assets off other clubs willy-nilly.

Last edited:
They don‘t need to sell and, as a club with aspirations, I’m sure they’d rather not. Grealish is their talisman and hasn’t signalled he’s desperate to leave. Therefore it’s not a buyer‘s market.

So, regardless of how anyone on here values him, I doubt they’d accept £70m. We can‘t pluck prized assets off other clubs willy-nilly.
Does he not have a clause for a CL team enquiring?

If he doesn't leave he ends up 28/29 having won nothing and people saying what if. Now is the prime time for him to leave, Villa could make huge strides with the money they will get in comparison to their compeition and nobody could dispute him joining us off the back of winning a prem and a CL final etc. I think we may end up tempting Villa with cash and players, someone like Herrera, Nmecha, Doyle and so forth.

Does he not have a clause for a CL team enquiring?
Even if he doesn't, it seems odd that he'd sign a new deal entering his peak knowing he could play for a CL team. I'm only guessing, but seeing he was the last year of his contract, Villa could probably only get 30m max for him at the time. So perhaps an agreement is in place that he signs a new contract so they could get more from a buying club and would let him leave if a suitable offer came in.
A clause may have not worked from Villa's perspective as well because it could be seen as a distraction if word got out and everyone knew Grealish had a clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.