Seasoncard - 2021/22

I’ve had my cards stored for a few years. Rarely go out without my phone but often without wallet. Can pay for stuff using contactless via phone and no £45 limit as you use fingerprint technology. If I’m ordering anything on line just click on Google Pay, no more entering card details every time and even your delivery address can be remembered.

Have all railway tickets in my wallet from Trainline and loyalty cards too.

It’s a great feature but I get it that it’s not for everyone.

And I’m late 50s.
Fully agree with that & I’m nearer 70 than 60. I rarely carry my wallet & pay for nearly everything with my phone. It’s much more secure and simpler. As for passing on your ticket if you can’t go, just needs minor preparation.
Bluemoon seems to be full of technophobes

I've got a season ticket and sometimes I take my kids to the game. I used to be able to ring supporter services for these games and move my seat to get seats together with my kids. Just rang them to try and do this for the Norwich game and was told that you are not allowed to move your seat anymore and that I would have to put my seat on ticket exchange and buy a new ticket to sit with my kids. The person I spoke to didn't sound like they had a clue as they had to keep going away and asking someone else everything I asked them. Does anyone know if this is correct, as if so my kids won't be going this season?

Last edited:
Fully agree with that & I’m nearer 70 than 60. I rarely carry my wallet & pay for nearly everything with my phone. It’s much more secure and simpler. As for passing on your ticket if you can’t go, just needs minor preparation.
Bluemoon seems to be full of technophobes
Some will be technophobes and some will genuinely not have the means, however the majority whinging online and social media are no doubt using their NFC enabled smart phones to do so.

I've deferred this year and thank God I did. Personally, and for the long term benefit of fans who just want to be easy going match attending supporters rather than tech laden participants in some kind of Orwellian social control experiment, I hope it's a disaster. Only then will those in the Ivory Towers realise that the masses will not be made fools of unduly. I'm kind of hoping this will be like the Poll Tax; a great idea on paper but it was detested enough to cause mass riots and non payments.

The saddest thing about this however, is the realisation of just how out of touch our club has become with the very people who were once its lifeblood. We are now regarded as nothing more than a colourful backdrop to the product being sold around the world. In short, clubs views fans as high maintenance liabilities (Policing, Security, Insurance, Stewards, Staff, Ticketing etc) for the revenue they generate and introduction of such schemes without any genuine fan consultation show the complete disregard In which we are kept.

I'll leave you with this little thought:- How long before virtual fans/noise are considered the easy option and the way to go? We had a season experimenting with it and I can guarantee there will have been some interesting number crunching going in by the bean counters during that time.
If it really is an "Orwellian social control experiment" you should expect a knock on the door in the early hours.

Some will be technophobes and some will genuinely not have the means, however the majority whinging online and social media are no doubt using their NFC enabled smart phones to do so.
Or some, like me, used mobile ticketing for the Everton game and saw first hand how bad the scanners were. I’d be more on board with it if the club detailed what corrective actions they have taken since that game to ensure that supporters can enter the stadium as easily as they could with a card.

There are electronic tickets and electronic tickets. I agree that physical tickets will soon no longer be sent out and people will enter via scanning a code either from a phone or print out. But that is not the same as what is being suggested here.

The readers used for the Everton match were not using an optical scan but an electronic scan and it didn’t bloody work in far too many cases. Including mine! There were people wandering around asking what to do, the queues were building up at the turnstiles even with the low number of tickets issued and the instructions to arrive very early.

I suspect that a number including myself were admitted after staff overrode the system to avoid having a riot on their hands. And that was a ‘highly successful’ trial.

The problem is trying to move from a system exclusively based on plastic cards or paper tickets to one based entirely on digital technology without a transition process in between. The one trial was the Everton match which was a shambles. It doesn’t fill me with any confidence.
I agree. Almost every gig, festival, play etc these days has electronic tickets in the form of a bar code or similar. But that’s not the same as this system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.