Seasoncard - 2021/22

Well after biting the bullet and buying a new phone on Saturday that actually works with this bloody system, I get home to find I've bought the wrong make of it and no it doesn't support NFC!! Luckily everything is still in the box and Argos say you can return an item in the first 30 days, so fingers crossed. I blame their system which is as crap as ours. It was so slow I had to swap terminals. They had the phone I needed, the Motorola g9 on offer at £99.99. Unfortunately they were leading with the motor g8 at the same price and o ended up clicking on it by mistake. All this stress and cost for a phone I don't really want or need but have to have to get into the match.

A strongly worded letter is going to the club soon.

I discovered a while ago that the Argos site is shit. Plus, I can tell you from personal experience that you can order an item for click & collect, confirmed by both email & text only to find that it's not available when actually arriving to collect. I've also been let down by their home delivery too. Argos, in my experience, is no better than City when it comes to customer support. Give me Amazon anytime.

Can we have a riot if it all goes tits up?
I missed the one when we sold "Joe Hart, super Joey Hart".

The ticket is on my phone and the phone has NFC. Just five and a half days remain before we know the extent of this cock up.

Well after biting the bullet and buying a new phone on Saturday that actually works with this bloody system, I get home to find I've bought the wrong make of it and no it doesn't support NFC!! Luckily everything is still in the box and Argos say you can return an item in the first 30 days, so fingers crossed. I blame their system which is as crap as ours. It was so slow I had to swap terminals. They had the phone I needed, the Motorola g9 on offer at £99.99. Unfortunately they were leading with the motor g8 at the same price and o ended up clicking on it by mistake. All this stress and cost for a phone I don't really want or need but have to have to get into the match.

A strongly worded letter is going to the club soon.
Have NFC on phone but will not activate card, after hours of faffing, downloaded Google pay and bingo ! Up the card pop's, I think ? Not sure, might have to pop down to stadium.

Edit.
Doh ! I know I read news papers back to front but only just stumbled on City NFC, Google pay video, simple really.
In saying that, City's redirection from their email didn't help.

Last edited:
My big fear is how many empty seats there will be next week. Every other match I've caught on telly this weekend, the grounds seemed pretty full. Hope to hell that we don't get a kicking in the media.
I hope we get absolutely slaughtered in the press and they actually do a bit of jurnolistic research as to why the seats are empty and turn the spot light back in City for this shit show....
Or they go with man City have shit fans
Wonder which path they go down?

It makes you wonder what system L’pool are using then as they have given their fans the option of a card for a £5 fee.
Or Everton.

The QR codes work on paper or a card, there is no issue having one QR code per season or longer.
Technically anything is possible, but with both of these solutions I just don't see the point in changing at all IF we believe the reason for changing is to combat touting, and this seems to be the driver. Liverpool's solution is to add one's photo to the card but this makes it very complicated to enforce compliance because every card needs checking, which we know won't happen. Card swapping (and selling) will just continue. Even if checking did happen, people's appearances change - glasses, hair colour, beards - and that's just the women. Then there's the issue of giving the club your photo, I'm sure that would be popular, and for a fiver too.

I think the QR code could be a solution but would have to be game specific otherwise again there would be no point in changing.

As of today, for the Norwich game your supposed to be able to give your ticket to a family or friend member, how do you do this as I can’t see any way to do it in my account?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.